1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Paint code for Fisher Yellow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RSI Const., Nov 18, 2014.

1. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone knows what the paint code is for the fisher yellow paint. I have a 1 year old 9'X blade yellow and I would like to touch it up. I'm not a fan of the spray because it does not cover as good as the brushed on. I have a contact the works for PPG paint in my area and a paint code would be best to match it if available.

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I think u got a better shot at learning the recipe for coca cola than getting that paint code BUT I could be wrong

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It's not paint it's powder coat. And yea I'm thinking no way your gunna get that

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

It's code, "ugly". :yow!:

5. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I agree. Thought it was worth a shot. I'm thinking I might just buy a quart

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Take it to Lowes and tell them to match it:jester:Thumbs Up

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

absolutely worth a shot just a heads up IF your not going to do all of the side instead of a touch up the paint NEVER matches up if u care Like the other poster said take a chip to lowes and save the $

8. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

How big are the areas you are trying to touch up? After uncrating my XV@ I had a few scratches and chips. I bought a can of Fisher paint in the spray can #27242 ( this is the color for the newer powder coated plows). I sprayed some paint into the bottom of a coffee cup and then used a small brush to touch up the plow. The color matched almost perfectly.

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict