1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Packing cup removal

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Big Ben, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

I was having some leaking issues, so I purchased a master seal kit. My question as stated above. How do I get the packing cup off? I removed the nut on the bottom of the ram, but I can figure out how to get the cup out from between the two brass pieces. Is it threaded or preesed together or something????
    Thanks Ben

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The brass pieces are two separate pieces. They just "sandwich" the packing cup in between them.If you already have the nut off just grab the lower brass piece (called a "piston follower") and pull it off the threaded end of the ram.Sometime's their on there pretty good so it might take some effort to pull it off but it will come off. Then just pull the packing cup off and then pull the other brass piece (called a piston) off. Also,under the piston their will be an O-ring. Make sure to replace it too.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What he said.

4. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I was able to get it apart. It was really stuck but a couple of taps with the rubber hammer did the trick. I also replaced the O-ring under the piston along with the rest. It is all back together and working great. and just in time. in the past 48 hours we have recieved between 14-18" of snow and are expected to get 8-10" more befor tomorrow morning.
    Thanks Ben

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you got it fixed.........AND your getting snow!