1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

packing 80's style pistons

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wirenut, Jan 3, 2010.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

anyone repack the the older pistons? is it rubber-plastic 3 times then the nut
    took apart and forgot .....:sleeping:

thanks

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

that sounds right... I have only done ummm it maybe 200 times? LOL now I just replace pistons... I will look at a break down..and get back to ya..

3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I thought I could find it quick online.. But NO!! probably because I am tired.. I will look in the old book but I don't have it in my lap at the moment.. But that does sound right.. if you were replacing the seals it should have come with a tie around it in order.. With the wiper seal ontop.. Just make sure they are going in the right direction and you should be all set.. ( just a one way piston) Sorry I could not be more exact.. I just haven't done one in a long time.. I will try and remeber to look at the book and get back to ya.. You could always call in the morning and ask at any fisher dealer and they can tell you.. Hope that helps..