1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pack It Up Folks!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Feb 20, 2007.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

58 degrees here in abington, see ya next winter!

2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I think I have too agree with you. Possible heavy rains for the next two weeks. Unless a sneak storm comes in March, I feel the winter is just about over. I don't want snow after mid March anyway?

Mak.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

39 here. Drizzle off and on for the next week in my forecast, no storms forecast...neither rain nor snow.

Maybe I should get the plow sanded and painted...sure fire way to make it snow.

4. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Rainning here yes it looks like the parties are over:cry: Maybe will get one more event MAYBE The temp is in my SIG
    JOSH

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Christ, I was thinking the same when it it a high of 40 degrees here. 58 is insane.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

50F here today, Figured it would be a good day to wash the trucks off real good. Just spent about 2 hours doing that.

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

this is what everyone was saying in december the shows over were getting no snow....lets just wait and see

8. lawn king

Shows over? Here in S E mass. the show never started, 3" of snow to date.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Its 39 here right now, feels really nice compared to our last 3 weeks of 10 degrees of a high, most of those days were below 0. All of our snow is quickly on its way out.

10. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

See You Next Year

See You Next Year Snow Is Over It Is 47 Out What A Bad Year It Was This Is Bull

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I am slowly going to start getting my grounds maintenance program and equipment into gear. Its about 42 outside now, and I think we might still get a little something, something. Its all good, i'm happy after this year!:)

12. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

their saying 1-2" for thursday....ill take thatpayup

13. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking. :drinkup:

14. Rickco

Rickco Member

We're not done yet but I wish we were.I'd like to think that we can start spring clean ups around April 1. we will get a few in March that are like pushing 8" of mashed potatoes.

15. MarksLand

MarksLand Junior Member

Mulch is ordered...........

16. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

about 26 here now, warmest its been in a while, currently somwhere between 3 and 4 FEET of snow on the ground, 30 or so inches in the big storm last week, still trying to get things moved around. More snow expected thursday.

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It got to 48 degrees here with NO sun today. Washed the truck down really good. About 2/3 of the snow that we got last week is all melted away. Looks warm for a while with some rain and such. I'm going to say it is over, but I'm still going to hold out some hope.

18. lawn king

Good for you! I hope to start aerating athletic feilds & liming cemeterys in mid march.

19. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

The seasons over, at least for my area. Those of you who say different are just stating what you want to happen. Don't get me wrong, I want to get burried, but i also don't like to be optimistic, more realistic and it ain't looking to good for anymore accumulation.

20. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Well we did a ton of salt end of december 1 5 inch storm in january.1 5 inch storm at beginning of febuary and on feb 13th 13 inches of snow.Was a ok winter for me bills stayed payed I gained 5lbs made enough money to ad a mower to the fleet so bring on spring.Talk to you soon.

RCGM
    brad