1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pa winter 2013-13

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Nov 15, 2013.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Since were getting closer to winter, time to start a new thread for this winter.
    I had two ice control events this past week, and I also got to use my XLS for the first time, I just wish I took some pics.Thumbs Up

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Got an inch or two of the wet slushy stuff the other day. I didn't get out to plow though. Maybe next time. Gotta love the weather here, 30 and snowy on Wednesday and 65 and sunny by Saturday.

3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yes lot of back forth this month, its amazing on how powerful these cold air masses are, its says a lot about the snow cover up in Alaska and northern Canada.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Last week we scraped all the lots. No salt though, it was melting off as we scraped them. Kinda disappointed because I moved my 2yd spreader to another truck this year and I want to try it out to work out the bugs. Can already tell I need more rear lighting.

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

whats everyone been getting lately?, darn ice on Monday , then alittle snow Tuesday afternoon, maybe we got 2 inches, this weekend looks good, possible 3-6 4-8 depending on where your located

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Time to gear up in SE PA!! 6-10 is what I've heard for northeast Philadelphia suburbs.

7. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Had a busy day yesterday. Forecast called for "up to an inch" and ending mid morning. Well it stopped snowing about 3pm. Plowed and salted business twice and did a full residental run.
    Looks like 3-6" out of this storm tomorrow.