1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 06Sierra, Jan 7, 2012.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Last spring on a rainy day the idle on my truck started surging going down the road, 06 5.3L. Got home and scanned it. Came up with P0449 that I knew would be there and P0101. Pulled the MAF out and it didn't look too bad. I didn't have any cleaner at the time so I put it back together and cleared the codes. The truck ran fine after that. Yesterday I checked and it showed 0449 as active and 0449 and 0101 as stored codes. The truck has been running fine. Cleared the codes and checked again later in the day with the same thing showing. Didn't clear the codes and checked this morning and it was only showing 0449. I am going to pick up some cleaner today. Is there anything else I should be looking at as well?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

maybe do a search for tsbs related to this.??
    other than that if the cleaner doesnt fix it,,new sensor or wiring?
  3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I will try cleaning it and searching for tsbs. Thanks.
  4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

There's a TSB for snow/ice intrusion into the intake causing P0101. It calls for a cover to help prevent it.

For 1999-2004 models there is a TSB for a MAP sensor failure that is misinterpreted by the PCM. I guess it could apply to a 2006 too. Check for proper operation of the MAP sensor.