1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

P. Services Photos

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by newhere, Jan 20, 2011.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Just a few photos of equipment and such............

One kodiak dump with a 10' western and a tailgate salter is missing and a John Deere CT332 with a 8' Pro-tech is missing. Both get left on site.

IMG00073-20110120-1735.jpg

IMG00074-20110120-1736.jpg

IMG00075-20110120-1736.jpg

IMG00076-20110120-1736.jpg

IMG00077-20110120-1736.jpg

2. newhere

from Fenton

a few more...............sorry they are so bad. Crappy blackberrie pictures

IMG00078-20110120-1737.jpg

IMG00079-20110120-1737.jpg

IMG00081-20110120-1737.jpg

IMG00082-20110120-1738.jpg

IMG00083-20110120-1738.jpg

3. newhere

from Fenton

and a few more..............

IMG00084-20110120-1738.jpg

IMG00085-20110120-1738.jpg

IMG00086-20110120-1739.jpg

IMG00087-20110120-1739.jpg

IMG00089-20110120-1741.jpg

4. newhere

from Fenton

the salter is getting powder coated tomorrow and then the blade from the ford-450 will get powder coated. I dont know how many yards the salter will hold but i know its to much for the ford to "legally" handle.

5. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

What do you use on the john deere tractor? Plow or did you end up getting a blower for it?

6. newhere

from Fenton

I'm having a 8' box made for the back and I have to go pick up the erskine front mount blower for the front. That tractor turns on a dime!

7. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice equipment. How many accounts do you service.

8. newhere

from Fenton

A metric shet ton of driveways, A few private roads that are rather large, one huge subdivision (no salt though), four large churches,one big commercial truck depot and four small commercial lots. Two trucks can handel my accounts and then the other two trucks and machine do sub work. When the tractor is done the chevy will get put on sub work also.

9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Do you load salt with the mini?

10. newhere

from Fenton

Yeah unfortunately I have to. Its the only other machine at the shop to load it. It really doesn't take as long as you would think either. Just give the bucket one good bounce over the bin and almost nothing falls out as long as its a smooth operator. I couldn't justify leaving the skid at home to load and miss out on the plowing income.

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

equipment looks good picasso, loving the new deere!

2 trucks handle all your accounts? what service level is it and how long does it take? seems like a lot of accts. for just 2 trucks. 9 lots and a ton of driveways?

12. newhere

from Fenton

Well the churches take up a lot of time but they are not important unless its a sat night/sunday. The private roads can get plowed rather quick given they are just long and strait (that's what she said). The truck depot takes time but I normally meet on that lot with two trucks and the drive way crew and we jam it out in a hurry. The large private sub gets the vip treatment and gets plowed multiple times per storm. All in all two trucks with two competent drives can handle it all no problem.

13. newhere

from Fenton

The drives get done just not as fast as I would like but with the tractor I think I will get them all done in no more then 8-10 hours or so. I'm figuring drives that have been taking 15-25 minutes with a little 4' blade will be done in no more then 3-4 minutes if that. Two passes to pull the snow down to the road and bam hit it with the blower as you leave and its gone. I'm thinking I may mount a little foot rider to the box blade like the trash trucks have so the shovel junkie doesn't have to sit up in the cab with me. Wow won't that job suck even more now, you see me sitting in a t-shirt jammin out to some tunes sippin a coffee and your stuck riding around on the back like a Eskimo on a trolley.

14. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

haha, ya my shovel guy looks at me funny when i get out of the skid in a t shirt and my peltors and hes covered in frost from the snowblower mist.

150 drives
    62 unit hoa w/ roadway
    7 commercial lots ranging from 1/4-2acres
    takes us about 5-8hrs depending on snowfall

15. newhere

from Fenton

Yeah the drives are what kill me now, I've got one drive that takes just over a hour to clear, all tumbled pavers, little court yard, small bridge. Its bad a$$. With the tractor I bet it takes 8 minutes start to see ya later. Great thing is I'm meeting sunday to sign him up for a full service contract that's well over a grander a month. It will be in my top ten best paying jobs for sure. So for now we suck it up, say a few bad words and get the drive done.

If I could go back in time I would change the fact that we offered shoveling the walks. I would rather just ride solo and not do them.

16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice stuff Picasso. I like your company green color. I bet that Zahn does sidewalks pretty darn good.
    What size is that JD.....4320?

17. newhere

from Fenton

The zahn is nice for walks real nice.

The deere is a 4720. I went with that because I wanted a hydro tranny so I can keep the blower running at a constant rpm and still creep the tractor up to a door.

18. newhere

from Fenton

I need to hurry up and get a plotter so I can get decals on all the trucks and machines. I should have one within a month.

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Picasso looking real good! Let me know how the tractor works for ya...btw txt me what you spent on that w/ blower n box. I'm so sick of plowing my drives with trucks, it takes too long and not efficient in the least bit.

20. newhere

from Fenton

Give or take a few bucks 50k.

Now if you go used you will save big. Same tractor online for 26k get a older blower and a box you could be all in for less then 30k. I will make it back within 2 years then its profit profit profit