1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

owned for 2 months!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Oshkosh, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

What a way to start your day!

As long as you have your health the rest can be replaced! Take care.

2. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that this morrning on my way to work I got into a head on accident in my "new truck". It was a 00' gmc sierra 3\4 ton ext cab short box. I got hit head on at about 7:15 today in my hometown of Adams mass. A car crossed into my lane and the two vehicals hit on the drivers sides. So far the word is that the truck is totaled. Milage on the truck was about 48,900 miles.

Later today I am going to take pictures of the truck at the impound yard. Hopefully I will have them up tonight or tomarrow for you to see. It hurt bad but I have no big inguries, just bumps and bruses.

DSC00770-1.JPG

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Dam. You know the worst part if it is totaled is that after Ins. pays, you might still owe.... So how bad does your neck and back hurt?......

4. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Well first of all thanks Playboy and Oshkosh I am ok. No neck pain LOL!!!
    Here are some pics I took alittle while ago of the truck.

truck crash 10-14-05 007-1.JPG

5. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Wow, glad you are alright man. Sorry to see the truck in that shape.

6. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

another picture

truck crash 10-14-05 008-1.JPG

7. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

better start looking

good to hear your ok
    any ideas on what you are going to get for your new truck

8. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

I worry about this kind of stuff all the time

I'm glad you are OK.
    With 5 Trucks on the road all the time I woory who will be the next.
    It's not my guys I worry about...it's those other idiots out there!
    Good Luck to you!

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

man thats a shame but i hope you get a better truck that youre just as happy with

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear your ok, but I think you'll be alright here that looks like it will buff out....lol:D

11. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I'd see if it's totalled how much you can buy it back for usually cheap, strip the wheels and everythign els eyou want and part it out.

12. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

o man that makes me wince.. glad to hear your alright looks like you must of took a knock n a half take care of your minor injuries and get that truck back into action!! i live right near peabody and the weathers been nasty over here the past week or so

13. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

99zr2
    Forfet the truck I'm glad to hear that your o.k. you can always get another truck.

14. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Hope you're all right. Sucks damaging a truck, insurance or not.

How come Oshkosh's post is first?

15. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Hey guys thanks for the positive responce. Buff job, maybe I can jet a guy down the street to do it for a 30 pack!!!LOL!!!!:drinkup:
    Well I am starting today to look for a new truck. I want the same as I had. Maybe I can get one alittle newer because I don't need a plow. Yesterday I looked at the harness and it looks allmost intact.
    New truck, new plow recivers, new timbrens = more moneypayup .

16. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Oshkosh posted first because he has telepathy!!!!

17. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Glad to hear that you are OK.

A couple of things to think about though. In the event thet determine it to be totaled you should find out from you agent what was insured and what was not. In most cases in MA. things like you beacon lights, radios & electronics that were added by you are not covered by your insurance policy. You are entitled to remove those before it goes to the auction. You also want to check about the plow it may or may not be part of what the ins. co. was covering and again you may be entitled to keeping the blade, headgear, iso module etc..........

The other thing is if it is theirs you can switch your blade out for a crappy one you or a buddy might have. The guy who comes to pick it up to take it to the ins. co's auction doesn't know or care what blade you originally had.

Good luck and glad that you are OK.

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That's a bad one :gunsfiring: other driver

19. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey man, thank God you're alright. It really sucks to see that truck looking the way it does, but trucks can be replaced, life can't. Seeing those pics sent chills down my spine, I immediately pictured my truck looking the same! :eek:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818628

20. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey man, thank God you're alright. It really sucks to see that truck looking the way it does, but trucks can be replaced, life can't. Seeing those pics sent chills down my spine, I immediately pictured my truck looking the same! :eek:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818628