1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Overwhlemed with options!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by chcav1218, Jul 31, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Ok. What do you guys think would be best for my truck. Should i go with hide aways, beacons on the back rack, a regular light bar, or a combination?

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

personally i like Whelen led lightheads such as the TIR's or LIN's. Both are very bright and are convenient to install almost anywhere. I would put 2 on the back of your back rack, and 2 in your grill. Heres how i did mine last year. they are LIN3's and they are everything i wanted them to be. http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=400754&postcount=35

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

What is your application? Plowing parking lots? City streets? Driveways? Having an idea what you'll be doing helps tailor what would best be suited for your truck.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

How about TIR 3's on the Back Rack... 2 sets on the front, 3 on the rear, one each side, 2 high on the grill so you can see them over your blade.
    All the one's on your back rack FLUSH MOUNT!

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

it all depends what you want/like... i started with a dual halogen rotator, then to a mini edge and hideaways, now im going to two strobe beacons mounted on my bacrack... an led mini lightbar would be nice,,,

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I am with Boss. Use Led lightheads. I had bad luck with my strobes, but i think it was the brand. You can even get hide-a-way leds, with inline power supply.

Boss did you put led's in your Grill? Which ones did you use? I am planning on using 1 or 2 Whelen light strips on my back rack, and throwing some Led's in the front Grill of my 07 NBS Silverado