1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PITCH, Sep 9, 2008.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Just wondering I have a d-max with a 8 ft hd fisher. I would like to put a rubber snow deflector on it. Does anybody know if create cooling problems (not enough air flow)????
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't get to hot unless your running on the thruway. If you have to lower the plow a little.
  3. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

It depends - if you have the plow prep package, you get the high-flow front bumper and different fan clutch. If you don't have the plow prep package, you don't have either. The high flow front bumper is pretty much useless because the "high flow" part is right above the license plate - which is covered when the plow is on, but I'm guessing it lets air flow in that comes in around the sides or from an eddy from the top of the plow when you're going faster than 45mph or so (depending on how the plow is angled).

Having the right fan clutch is the most important part of this whole thing. I drive with my Blizzard 810 all the way up on the highway, up steep long hills, etc, and the temp never goes above 215º - I can hear the fan clutch engage but it keeps the temperature down no matter what, because it's drawing air to the radiator.

What kind of temps are you running now, and do your trucks have the plow prep package?
  4. JIM D

JIM D Junior Member

Never fear. :cry: I have yet to ever even come close to overheating my truck, and as you can see, it is basically identical to yours.wesport Overheating will only happen on a Ford anyways.:realmad: