1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

overheating

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by DuttonLandscape, Dec 2, 2007.

1. DuttonLandscape

DuttonLandscape Junior Member

I just drove 45min on the highway at 50mph with my plow lowered for airflow. Temp stayed at 210-220. When i stopped my guage quickly went into the red and overheated. What should i do? Glad this happened before a snow storm. Any advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks

2. DuttonLandscape

I'm learning, I talked with my mechanic, he said the air just goes right over the top of the plow when driving like that and that when I'm plowing I will have no problem. He said take the plow off when driving long distances.

3. ezpcconcepts

ezpcconcepts Junior Member

Couldn't you also hook up a manual switch for the electric fan so that you can engage it when needed? I know a guy that changed out the auto electic fan with a high flow manual one... just a thought. I am new here and have some questions to post as well.. thanks

4. DuttonLandscape

my mechanic mentioned an idea like that, but If I have to drive long distances again I'm turning my heat up to high and that will help, and I'll take back roads so I keep the speed down. Thanks for your advise.

5. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

You might want to consider a high capacity waterpump such as FlowKooler.

6. jeeps rule

jeeps rule Junior Member

I made a air scoop from a piece of Lexan plexiglass that seems to help on my Cherokee to force some air down behind the blade. Seems to be working but I don't travel more than 15 miles with the blade on.

7. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

Try angleing your blade for better air flow, how is your radiator I had that same problem put a new radiator in and runs nice and cool with blade up now....................