1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dsamuelson, Dec 15, 2003.

1. dsamuelson

dsamuelson Junior Member
    from 13458

Have a 03 2500HD with western ultramount 8' pro plow. Truck periodicaly overheats. We can manage this but its a pain. Any suggestions?. We have no problems with the same plow on the 02's or 04's. Thanks Dave S
  2. GPB

GPB Member

That seems odd, my 02 HD dosent overheat at all with the same plow, and some of my jobs are over 30 miles apart. I wonder if Chevy did anything different on the 03's?
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, a buddy of mine with the same truck also had that problem. He took it into the dealer for inspection and they put on a different fan clutch. He hasn't had any problems since.:waving:
  4. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

Once again I agree with The Boss. My dad has a 03 dump with a plow that did the same thing. The dealership put a new thermostat in and it still did it till they changed the clutch fan.
  5. silveradoatv

silveradoatv Junior Member

This new clutch fan, was this a warranty item or did these guys buy and beefier fan? My 2500HD has the same problems. By the way, does the fan cool the tranny or the radiator or both?
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It was a warranty item.:waving:
  7. GPB

GPB Member

If your truck has the transmission cooler, then the fan will cool the transmission as well as the radiator. The tranny cooler is located in front of the radiator & ac condenser. It looks like a little 12"x4" radiator. When the fan runs, it draws air across the tranny cooler as well as the radiator.