1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

overheating

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hunter339, Nov 20, 2010.

1. hunter339

hunter339 Junior Member

I've got a 2005 chev2500hd with an 8'6 boss on but it over heats as soon as you drive down the highway , anybody else have this problem?

2. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

your plow is too high blocking air from the radiator

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

do a search on overheating and enjoy the reading

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

5. hunter339

hunter339 Junior Member

over heating

I' put the plow as low as I could and tried it on angle nothing works unless you drive 20mph

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You will want to replace your fan clutch. Its very easy, no wiring, or having to change fluids of any kind. Go to your nearest auto parts store and get a extreme duty fan clutch for your truck. That will take care of the issue. Now that doesn't mean you can put the plow on when its 90* outside either, but you wont have a issue during the winter.

7. hunter339

hunter339 Junior Member

thanks, thats' the first thing I'm going to do mon a.m

8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

9. SServices

SServices Senior Member

X2 on the fan clutch, mine did the same thing.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You are going to have to take the top half of the fan shroud off, then I believe its 4 bolts that take it off of the water pump, then 4 bolts to unbolt the fan, and then set the whole thing back in and bolt it back up.