1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

overheat problem

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by firebug130, Oct 15, 2007.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I am having trouble with my 99 tacoma overheating when I have the blade on it. I believe that the blade in the up position is blocking the air flow to the radiator when travelling down the road. I have no problem any other time. I have not plowed with this set up yet but I believe it will be fine if I can fix this problem. I've thought of electric fans, etc. Just wanting some input please. Also should I consider a transmission cooler?

Any advice would be great.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tranny coolers are good. just drop the the plow a little for airflow.

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

when cruising down the highway I lower the plow so its just a tad of the roadway, on bumpy roads I lift it a tad more. that will increase the air flow to the radiator and help keep it cool

4. firebug130

firebug130 Member

thanks for the info, I will try lowering the blade a little!