1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Overhead gparking lot and Cryotech

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SCL, Dec 26, 2005.

1. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I have a customer that I plow their overhead lot with a poly edge due to the expansion joints and coatings. They do the rest of their own lots but salt the overhead with CryoTech melter, and I think it does a lousy job. They cannot use rock salt, and I do a fair share of their salting in their othwer lots. Any suggestions on what could be used on this deck that has minimal impact on the surface but will actually work?
  2. dssxxxx

dssxxxx Member
    from NJ

If the parking deck is new, then the engineers and/or architechs wrote in the specs to use CMA (calcium Magnesium Acetate) on their concrete. It must be used in 100% form, otherwise the warantees and guarantees will be void.

There are no other substitutes for this product. It is federally approved and also, FAA approved. Any product claiming to contain CMA has less than 1 or 2% CMA.