1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Overfilling MM1?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mitragorz, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I was draining and refilling the fluid in my plow (bought it used) and was looking through the manual to find the proper way to fill it. The instructions in the manual say to fill the reservoir until fluid comes out the Fluid Level Plug:

[​IMG]

Well, where that diagram shows the Fluid Level Plug, I've got nothing:

[​IMG]

So what I did was fill it until it dribbles out the fill plug, cycle the hydros a few times, then drain to get more of the old crap out.

Now I'm refilling it again. Is it a problem to fill it up until it dribbles out the fill plug and leaving it there? It looks like after I drain it, it takes just a little over a quart to fill it all the way up to the hole, maybe 1-1/4 qt. It'll settle and I can top it off a few more times, but if I just fill it to the top once and cycle the hydros, you think I can call it good?

Thanks

EDIT:

I cycled the plow and took the filler plug back off to see if the fluid had settled at all... I was greeted with a tiny geyser! It wasn't much, maybe a few ounces, but I didn't replace it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Fill it till all old fluid and air is out of system