1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Overdrive vibration not downshifting

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Nacho, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Nacho

Nacho Junior Member
    from pa

Hi all, it has been a while since I have been to the site. Forgot my old login and cant remember the old email address either so made a new one. I used to read a lot and not post much. Here is the issue, I got a 94 4x4 1500 chevy truck. At highway speed in overdrive when it should downshift it will not. It makes a vibration (like going over rumble strips) I have not drove it since then (about 1 year ago). the issue is I am comming back stateside and need to drive it from Pa to texas in 1 month. I know it still does it (have not fixed it so that is why) I need a good truck to drive down since it is paid for and dont want to buy anouther one. What do you guys think it may be? I have heard anywere from a bad torque converter to a broken spring inside the tranny. Any help would be great.

2. Nacho

Nacho Junior Member
    from pa

no one has any ideas? Can anyone suggest other places to check around for info?

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Have the trans power flushed and fliter changed. Put grease into the drive shaft grease fittings.