1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Crumm, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I imagine with those 9 foot plows you can angle them and be under 8'6" wide. I see western makes a 10' Heavyweight plow. How do you get that thing down the highway from job to job? Are snowplows exempt from the 8'6" law or what. I know up here you could get a permit but then you would have to run oversize signs and a beacon plus the permits are not real cheap. I am thinking about adding 9" to each side of my plow making it 8'6". I don't want any wider or it will be a nuisance in some tight spots I go in but it got me to thinking about these over-width ones.
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Full angle that Western is 8' 8" wide. I don't think they're gonna mess with ya over a measly 2".

Plus I think snow removal equipment has special exemptions. For instance, with my salt spreader on, my license plate is almost fully hidden. Never had a problem with that in over 10 years.