1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Over heating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by loggerman, Dec 11, 2009.

1. loggerman

loggerman Member

Which clutch fan do i need in my 05 2500 gmc to stop the over heating? My local napa has what they call a severe duty one ,is that it?
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

GM had a recall on that year of truck . you may check in to that.
  3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Upgraded fan part #'s

22149877 (with 3.73 axle ratio)
    15710101 (with 4.10 axle ratio)
    922843 (diesel)

TSB: 04-06-02-006
  4. loggerman

loggerman Member

Who has gotten the new updated fan clutch from the bulliten? Did gm go good for it?
  5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Here is a Hayden brand application guide. Not sure whether it covers your year. But shows the OEM equivalent in bold print. Lots of factors determine this. Gear ratio, a/c, etc. There is also standard (clockwise) and reverse (counter clockwise) as viewed from the front of the truck.

I just bought a new heavy duty which is the OEM equivalent for an '89 K1500 with heat/plow issues. There is a Severe Duty available for it also.

Page 2 of this guide tells about the specifics between Standard, Heavy Duty, and Sever Duty.

This brand available at O'Reilly Auto & I think Advance Auto.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Get the biggest one you can for your motor. Its a 1 hour fix at most. Pull the top of the fax shroud off and unbolt the fanclutch. Then unbolt the fan from the old one and put it on the new one. The reverse the process.