1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

over heated motor?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lee Vitalone, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Lee Vitalone

Lee Vitalone Junior Member

OK- newbie to plowing-bought an older Boss plow-straight blade. It works ok. The truck I bought had a Boss mount. The other night I was using it, and it stopped working. I had power I could hear the solenoid clicking. And the lights were on. But it would not respond. I let it go it was dark and late, TG I was home. Next day, it's OK??
    We did have to replace the power cable with a new one and the mounting stud broke - so I have it connected with straps for now until I can fix it, and when I use the hydraulics the lights dim a lot. Bad connection?
    Or just an over heated motor?
    Thanks guys!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You have the power cable strapped to the motor and your lights are dimming a lot......Really your not thinking that's the starting point?
    Get a new motor and hook it up properly, then reck it.