1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

over 70" of snow in 2 days?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mattyd, Jan 31, 2004.

1. mattyd

mattyd Junior Member
    from ct

Is this true what the CT weatherman said tonight???????? How do you guys plow driveways and parking lots up there with that much freakin snow in 2 days........i assume you all dont have front loaders.......just curious to know what you guys do.......

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

We can assume nobodies answering this post because they are all out plowing.payup payup

3. mattyd

mattyd Junior Member
    from ct

Yeah, I thought of that as I was posting it, but I figured they would get on here sooner or later........honestly......I plow for a my boss during my winter break......and I don't think he would want to have to deal with that much snow no matter how much money he could make.......just think of the wear and tear on those trucks right now....

4. computerguy

computerguy Member

Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.
    70"? Hmmmm, for me with my contracts that would make me a happy camper!payup

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

If they can't handle it or don't like it they should send it up north here where it belongs. We got nothing. 40 hrs. so far this season. I'm depressed. Should be out pushing.

6. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Yes Parish NY got 78" in 2 days, on top of 100+inches or so allready on ground, up here in Lake effect country it is not unusual ,in fact up here on Tug Hill is rather common. We deal with it with V plows, loaders, blowers and just trying to not let it get ahead of you, but at a rate of6" per hour that can be tough. We plow early in the year knowing whats coming later and leave room.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You got to keep ahead of the snow. Plow it when it reaches 4" and just keep going back to clean it up. I have been "posted "in large parking lots and just plowed it till it stopped snowing. This is where the big money comes from the 24 + hr's at the wheel.