1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Over 6 Million vehicles recalled in last few months by Toyota..

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by MileHigh, Jan 26, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

As well as 5 plants shutdown for the time...3 of which are in the US, where Americans work...

As of right now..there are 8 models of Toyota's you can't even purchase if you wanted to at dealerships..

On the list are 07-10 Tundra....lmfao:laugh:

Don't believe me????...Look it up on google.

Buy American!!
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Every car company has had recalls at some point. I don't see whats so funny about it really, there are a ton of these on the road and people could die. Maybe you think that is funny. Or is it funny that some AMERICANS that work in the factory are losing some hours untill this gets worked out?

And as usual the news isn't 100% right, We have plenty of New Toyotas on the lot that can be bought right now, Not all of them qualify for the recall.
  3. MileHigh

Your right...It's not funny..but I never said American's losing jobs in this economy was funny, nor people's accelerator getting stuck and possibly crashing.

I'm just laughing at all of the recent quality control issues found at Toyota...as I hate the company.
  4. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i agree with bladescape..toys are a joke of a truck...but i give em props for stepping up and recalling there p.o.s. and making em right!
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't hate Toyota at all, they have some decent vehicles. What makes me laugh about all of this is that it seems like Toyota has a strangle hold on the media and the media does whatever it can to make the Big 3 look like crap. There was a recall on the pistons that held up the rear hatch on a caravan a few years back and all of the media were covering it making Chrysler look like crap- I never heard ONE news station say ONE word about the MASSIVE FRAME BREAKAGE Recall on the Tacoma's that spanned the years of 1995-2004.

I also laugh because God Almighty Toyota decides to cover this all up by saying its the user pushing the floor mats against the pedals (Even though Toyota's driver floor mat is held in place by a plastic tab).

I think this was something that Toyota had coming to them. They really don't have a vehicle that is leaps and bounds better than anything else. They just have great PR that makes it seem that way.
  6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Actually the one guy that died, his all weather floormat did stick the gas pedal down.. The normal ones are held in place, and now there is a new hook for the all weather ones. Only about 35% of Toyotas come with the gas pedal that is supposedly failing and it's made by CTS, that company also makes the same gas pedal for Hyundai, Nissan and GM. It's the drive by wire system that is failing. Basically if you own a Toyota all you have to do is look at the pedal, if it has 4 lines in it then your good, if it has 7 then yours is on the list of recall vehicles.
  7. plowguy43

There was a death recently in Texas and the floor mats were in the trunk. Toyota still doesn't know what exactly is the problem which is why they are stopping production.
  8. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

I will watch my Toyota drive for another 10 years after your american truck sits in a junkyard. Its quality stuff that lasts, no need to hate on it.
  9. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

So my 79 f-150 thats 31 years old isnt a quality vehicle? 31 years and no junkyard yet...............

In my opinion there all crap, everyone of them Ford, Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota. All over priced and the quality is just not there for what they cost
  10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

uh oh, i hope mercer me dosent die,
  11. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Actually they are stopping production so that they can ship the parts out to the dealers so we can fix customer cars and the cars on our lot. Toyota only stocks the amount of parts that they need to build X amount of cars. if they are building 100,000 cars then they have 100,000 of each part that they need. So by closing the factory down it allows them to ship all those parts out to fix the cars that are effected. Toyota knows what the problem is, they have already sent out a notice to the dealers on what to do and how to fix it.

I don't care if you love or hate Toyota. I just hate when the media gives out BS information instead of giving out the whole story no matter what it's about.

Remember back in the early 90's what the media did to Suzuki Samuri, Rollover this and that, any truck or sport utility will rollover faster than a car. The dealers went from selling 100 of those a month to less than 30, all because of some talking head misinforming the masses..
  12. plowguy43

I agree about the media, they did the same with the Isuzu Trooper rollover.

I get the same stuff the dealers do so I won't continue to argue. Yes they think they know the fix and CTS is producing new pedals. Its all not as easy as it sounds though because the number of vehicles that will need replacement pedals basically exceeds the capacity of what CTS produces in an entire year.
  13. plowguy43

Thats not really funny if its meant that way...
  14. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Right but Toyota uses more than one compeny to get those parts from, thats part of the reason that only 35% are effected.
  15. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

There have been NO deaths related to THIS recall. The deaths were from AFTERMARKET floor mats. Also keep in mind they are keep all there employees EMPLOYED during this. No layoffs.

Listen you can say what you want, but Toyota spends more money here on parts. Employs more people here then the Big 3 combined and still puts out a good car. There isn't another car company that backs their stuff up like Toyota. Would GM have bought back trucks with 300k on them with a cracked frame. Hell the GM truck frames crack sometimes under warranty and they won't do anything about them. Toyota does. I have seen them do a goodwill warranty on an engine with 125k on it. That is what sets them apart from the others. Give it a break guys.
  16. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

"My truck is better than yours! Nuh ahh! Mine is better"

You guys are children. This is an argument that never seems to go away and it really is old.

Proud owner of 5 problem free Toyotas
  17. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

My uncle who works for toyota explained this to me last night. The media has called it a recall but Toyota has not. He said that it will turn into a recall which means that 2.3 million vehicles will be recalled. AS of right now it isn't a recall. Just to be clear, please correct me if I am wrong.
  18. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

your wrong. i didnt know toyota made fourwheelers?????.........................

if its "going" to be a recall.........then what is it?
  19. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

And all this trouble cuz of an electrical issue which years ago was run by a small cable, no sensors,no electrical bugs to work out

Funny thing is GM trucks use a similar style electrical connection as does Ford starting to make me think about any vehicle made after 2000
  20. MileHigh

Your Wrong.

The recall has now numbered past 9 Million vehicles in the past few months.

It's worse than a recall...Americans that work at the 3 plants closed are out of money paying for food on the table...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010