1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Outside Thermometer Readings w/ plow on

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dieseltroop, Oct 24, 2006.

1. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Hello everyone,

I just had a Blizzard 860SW installed last night. I have a few issues with the wiring, but hopefully that will be taken care of soon. Think the wrong adapter for the headlights in installed. The place used the universal one that blizzard said could be used for HB1 or HB5 lights. Anyways. As I got closer to home, I switched the over-head consul to the outside temp. gauge. The thing was reading as high as 98 degrees, and then when I stopped by a buddies place, it dropped down to 70 degree. This is the first time that I have had the temp. gauge not read right as far as I have seen in the six years of owning the truck. Does anyone know if it is from the plow, w/ lack of air flow, or could it be tied to a wiring issue? Got home late last night, so I didn't have time to take the plow off, but I am going to try and see what the gauge reads w/ the plow off. If anyone has noticed the same deal, please let me know. Thanks

Mike

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Its because you have a plow on the truck, nothing wrong with the wiring.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

my 04 usually reads 65 degrees when driving with the plow on.

john

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Plow on = no airflow through the grill and under the hood. It heats up and the sensor reads hot.

5. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Well that answers, that then. Thanks again for the replies.