1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

outside mirror treatment

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Detroitdan, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have the luxury of heated mirrors, does anyone know of a product that can be applied to keep them from icing or frosting over?
  2. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I have used rianx wipes on mine--it has been sucessful to a point--ice storms it doesn't work. But it is an improvement over nothing at all and real cheap too! Wet snow after a while does start to stick but will sweep off usually builds up from the bottom. All I can say is it's better than nothing!
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I guess you meant Rain-X? I never thought of them for snow. I used to use regular Rain-X on windshield, it worked real good in rain, don't know why I stopped. Thanks for the reply, I'll pick some up today.
  4. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I have had pretty good luck using the spray bottles containing the windshield de-icing liquid you can get in Wal-Mart or auto parts store.It melts the ice quickly and leaves a film on the mirror that helps keeps it free from re-freezing.It helps but its still no substitute for the heated mirrors!