1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Out with the old: In with the new

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 04tundra, Jan 19, 2015.

1. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Hey guys, lack of snow is driving me :dizzy:. I had a good summer season and I'm in the process of building my business before buying a home hopefully in 2 or 3 years. I started with my 2008 Toyota Tundra limited which had a boss 7' poly plow. It was a great truck but still only a 1500 series and I wanted to upgrade to handle plowing and towing a dump trailer and equipment. A few months ago I bought this 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. Its an LTZ model and it has the 6.0 in it. I installed the 8' Western Pro plow myself wesport . Let me know what you guys think and thank you for all the info I learn on this site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice upgrade

3. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice upgrade from a Toyota to a real truck...... CHEVY! J/K. I hear good things about tundra's.

You'll love your Chevy. Tires are not cheap for the 20" wheels, but they look good.

4. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Good looking truck. Now get some tow mirrors on that thing!

5. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

-Stupid website posted my reply twice-

6. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Congratulations on the new Chevy. Your Tundra looked like a nice truck too.

7. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Thank you, Lol I know my buddy said the same thing about a real truck.Sadly I've looked. I thought about getting a set of 16'' or 18'' wheels with some good A/ts on them for winter and keeping the 20's for summer.

Thank you, cab lights and tow mirrors are coming soon. Both are 100% necessary IMO. Thumbs Up

We've got some snow coming tomorrow hopefully so ill post some working pictures in a few days.

8. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice upgrade! Go kick some dirt on that plow! It's way to shinny! Thumbs Up

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice upgrade. But, since you only upgraded ti ab 8' you should have just put an 8' on the Tundra IMO.

10. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the upgrade.

11. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Both trucks would hold a 8 footer no problem. Mercer knows best. Either way nice trucks!

12. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I didnt just upgrade the truck for the plowing end. I stepped up to a dump trailer for the landscaping side of the biz so I can haul skid steers, mini ex's and all materials I need for various jobs. I didnt want any issues while hauling 6 days a week.

13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck. I have that same truck just an 08 and love it. The color is a little diffrent at first but grows on you after awhile.

14. mercer_me

I definitely can understand that. A Tundra with air bags would be absolutely fine if you hauled a skid steer or mini excavator once in a while but, if you are doing it every day you would definitely want a 3/4 ton.

15. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Agreed, at first I wasn't too sure but I like it. It hides dirt well too so when I cant get around to washing it noone can tell haha.

Yes exactly. nice looking rock warrior btw. I wish the Toyota would make a 3/4 and 1 ton truck. they have prototypes but i think another issue is the US government wont let them into the market even if they did build it..

16. mercer_me

Thanks, I love my Rock Warrior. If Toyota built a 3/4 ton Tundra that would definetely be my next truck. But, like you said the government does not want that and it will probably never happen.

17. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet trucks... Think i would have spent a little more on a V plow.... We send out a straight blade and a V blade together to tackle apartment complexes.. They work great together, 1 truck kicks the snow out, the V blade carries it to the pile..

18. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Thank you very much. Yes I thought about it, but I do mostly residential snow as of now. The commercial lots I do have are easily handled with the straight blade. I was also planning on adding wings in the future which will help with overflow

19. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

Hey guys, been a little crazy here. Had a few sleet/ice storms but finally had about 8 inches fall last week. Got a chance to snap a couple pics. Seems like the weather is starting to make the turn around this week.

plowing.jpg

plowing 1.jpg

20. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Good looking truck. As far as tires get them at discounttiredirect.com i've got 3 sets of tires from there and have been very happy with ship times and pricing.. Few months ago got cooper atp's for our ram that has 20in rims and it was 757 shipped to the house