1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

out with the chevy in with a cummins!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Oct 3, 2010.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

just picked up this 06 5.9 cummins. traded my chevy mount on craigslist for dodge mount. Now all you chevy guys i know you disappointed. but if you do your homework the cummins is probably the best deal out there and a lot less costly for injectors compared to a dmax. i love the truck its awesome!

cummin.jpg

2. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Like Sam Adams says, Cummins, Always a good decission!

When you plow with that beast, you'll think you're driving a BullDozer.

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Man I love me some 5.9L Cummins. Wish Ford would source that engine in so you wouldn't have to do a costly swap.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Everybody I know that has a 5.9 Cummins loves them,

5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice truck, i think you will be impressed when you see how good they can push snow. i would look into a 2 mikron fuel filter kit if you want to be safe on the injectors. good luck with the truck:drinkup:

6. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

my cummins a little over a year later! few pics towing my buddys big dodge!

1cummins.jpg

cummins.jpg

howies.jpg

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Great truck and an amazing motor!

8. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

amazing motor is a understatementwesport no one can argue that the cummins isnt the best diesel pick up motor ever built!

9. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nice looking truck. Did you do anything to the front end to help hold that heavy plow?

10. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

I upgraded mid season last year to 9 2 handles it like a champ I run stock rims and tires on in the winter.

11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

congrats you joined us haha

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I want more pics of that monster on the trailer. Nice trucks. Welcome to the Cummins club. I can idle around a parking lot and plow just fine. Very slow, but pushes just fine.

13. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

if you can't dodge it, RAM IT! hopefully you have long years of use out of it.