1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

out of business

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JBZ71, Dec 15, 2003.

1. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Well fellas sorry to say I am all done plowing..Yesterday,after about four inches of snow,it started to rain and it made for very heavy snow..After 17 driveways the old beast couldn't take it no more and the frame split right behind the cab,truck looked like a v,don't know what broke besides the frame,didn't have the heart..Called my nephew and he dragged it on a flatbed and took her away..Will go get some stuff out of her in a couple of days,sold the plow already and have some people looking for some parts if still good..Gave the accounts to another nephew,hang your head for a moment won't you to say goodbye to a fallen friend.. Will hang around here and live vicariously through you all..Happy Trails....:( :salute:

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Not the first time I've heard about this.

I know of a mid 70's Chevy that did this, as well as an older Ford Hi-Boy pickup.

Both were strictly SNOW PLOW only type trucks, and had seen many a salty winter in the NE.

4. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Lets take up a collection fellow plowers !!!!! :bluebounc There is enough GREAT people on here IM sure we can get a fellow plower back in the biz in no time :D Right guys and gals ....jbz...you have a paypal account ?? C'mon people dont let it go away like that !!!!!! lets all pitch in.....

6. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

What kind of truck was it? Just put a new frame under it and plow on......:waving:

8. rainair

rainair Senior Member

old chevy's don't die

We hope you stay in here and maybe keep the sidelines open... and cheer the rest of us on when the golden flakes start fallen
    maybe NBC news can bring you in as a consultant like they do the retired military officers when a news story breaks in Iraq.:waving: :drinkup:

9. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Well,I have a full time job that requires more and more of my time,24 hour call,and my time to plow was getting more and more hectic..So I guess this is god's way of saying stop and smell the roses for awhile so we'll see what next year brings..Thanks for all your concern,one favor I ask is to keep posting your stories and pics and I'll enjoy this plowing season thru all your experiences,rock on and may the snow never stop!!!:D :drinkup:

10. WOOFSPLOW

WOOFSPLOW Member

11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

what kind of truck did you have. what kind of plow is on it?

12. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

Truck was/is a 90 k2500 350ci=300,228 miles 3 sp auto 4.10 rears plow= diamond 8 footer plow is already on a same year 3500 pu rest is mostly junk lots of miles nephew and his buddies are assessing anything salvagable...truck was purchased new in midddlebury vt 17,600 bucks on 7/90 farm truck for two years,back to ct in late 92 plow installed 9/93 landscape plow truck for the past 10 years nothing but mobil one 10w30 great truck will miss her but she served me well and am going to let her r.i.p......:cry:

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(
    Maybe this a sign from above to buy a new truck and blade.:)

14. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda scary! That story reads like my truck! Bought it new part and all! Same year! Body is a bit rusty in places, but structurally I "think" its fine.

15. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

What axles does it have in it. Is there a 14 bolt Full floater(rear) and a Dana 44 (front) in it. If so let me know. Your truck can be fixed you know. I just did my 85 with a frame crack. Diamond is a heavy plow. Much more than a Fisher. I run an 8ft older Diamond as well.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

16. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

next time paint the frame. thats what im looking to do on my 88 dakota. i have some rust but i can nip it in the bud.

17. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You have the 14 bolt full floater right, at least if its a true 2500 with 8 lug, not the pseudo 2500 with 6 lug.

And the truck in question would be a IFS front axle.

18. JBZ71

JBZ71 Junior Member

IFS is correct,as for the rear it's a one lunger,no posi or even limited slip,so I don't know if it's 14 bolt or not??? I will find out or did I give enough info???:dizzy:

19. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

:( Sorry to hear about your loss, hope everything works out in your favor in the end.....this salute is for you:salute:

Chris
    Meadowbrook Landscaping

20. Peterbilt379CJ

Peterbilt379CJ Junior Member

Jack up the antenna and put a new truck under it.......