1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ouside temp. sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 99zr2, Apr 25, 2008.

1. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Just wondering about an outside temp. sensor that is on a 02 Trailblazer LTZ. The problem is the temp never changes on the screen for the dual climate were it is displayed. It constantly says 55 degrees for a outside temp.

Is this something that I can fix, or is it a computer controlled thing?

Thanks for the help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can change the outside temp sensor yourself and inspect the wiring near it for any damage, but other than that it takes a Tech 2 scanner to further diagnose the system.

3. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Ok thanks B&B. Could you tell me were it is located on the vehical?

Is the tech 2 the only scanner that you can use for this? I know a few people with smoe really high end scanners.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the drivers side in front of the radiator support you should see wires going to a plug that is connected to the shroud support. It almost looks like it is plugged into nothing as the sensor doesn't really look like a sensor but it'll be there.

Some Genesis and Snap On scanners will read the temp sensor data I know. Just depends on which version of software it has.

Here's a pic that'll help for the location:

516388126_4e02477a31_o.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  5. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Thanks agin B&B. I think that the scanner one of my buddies has is a Genesis with 2.0 softwear.

Just incase it isn't the sensor its self or the wiring is there a nother avenue I should go down?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Should be able to read an '02 with the 2.0 software. Genesis is good stuff.

The temp sensor itself is somewhat of a common failure item on the TB's and Envoys so hopefully yours is no different and you won't have to "explore" any of the other avenues in order to repair it as it's gets expensive fast. Keep us posted regardless.