1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

our trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by duramaxed, Mar 20, 2005.

1. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

I use the first pic as my desktop background, it reminds me of the good times :drinkup: . The second pic is the one I drive :) .

Picture 0441.jpg

Picture 0361.jpg

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Very nice looking fleet of GM trucks!!

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

how are the sno ex spreaders?

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Very nice looking group of GM's. I really like the HD.

William

5. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

Thanks for the compliments. I like the snow-ex , made some mods to it and it throws the salt ALMOST as good as our v-box. The electric setup is the way to go, IMO. One storm this year (and it was very cold), out of 5 salt trucks mine was the only one working :) . The others all had the usual v-box spreader problems, frozen chunks of salt jamming, won't start, belts slipping. They are not pieces of junk either, it just seems when it's cold out, the gas engines always have some sort of problem. The 8000 is 2 yrs old, no problems at all, the 6000 is a year old ,2 burnt vibrators :mad: . Warranty took care of it.

Dave

6. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

Nice Trucks Man. That black one is real nice. Anymore pics?

7. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

thanks Mr. Plow, here are a few more. It's actually a midnight blue.

Picture 0331.jpg

Picture 0351.jpg

Picture 0381.jpg

8. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Hey Nice truck. Whats up with that curtis plow, it looks like its leaning forward quite abit, almost the attack angle of a fisher X-blade? Hows the truck handle the plow with it being Diesel and crew cab?

9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

duramaxed- Very nice HD. How do you like that Curtis on there. Does the HD sag much with the sander and plow on. Once again Very nice.

William

10. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

I really like the curtis, the hitch n run system is great. The front end will sag a little, hope to get some timbrens next year. The rear will also sag with a full load, nothing major.

Dave

11. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking trucks.

12. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

Nice trucks :drinkup: