1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Stuff

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dr.lawn21, Nov 7, 2011.

1. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Most everything is ready to go.

fleet1.jpg

tc3.jpg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Toolcats are so cool. Nice looking fleet.

3. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Ford LCF and Fisher XLS

lcf1.jpg

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that LCF and Toolcat are SWEEET!!!

do you do a lot of drives with the pickups or only commercial?

5. Marek

Marek Senior Member

How does the cab over do plowing ? How much trouble have you had with the motor ? Did you make the plow frame or does Fisher make a mount for the LCF ?

6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice fleet you have, looks well maintaned.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice fleet. How do you like that cab over?

8. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

The LCF is awsome for plowing. We have two of them, and I have had to put an oil pump in one, but other than that, they have been trouble free. Fisher does not make a mount for a plow, but the fisher dealer has a great fabricator that made the mount no problem.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Does your LCF's tranny over heat like mine does? Mine will Plow flaulessly for an hour, then the alarm goes off and it will have to sit while it cools down for 45 Minutes. But if we chase loaders salting behind them it will run all night.

Also. Wheres yours at for milage? Mine has 60K on it and we had to rebuild the top end of the engine over the summer and according to the dealer/repair shop what happend to mine is a super commn problem.

J.

10. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Nice fleet. Really like the side tool box in the tool cat.

11. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

No tranny problems. One has 55k and the other has about 50k on them. Both run strong, knock on wood.

12. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

An old pic from last season

lcf2.jpg

13. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Nice stuff!
    I just got rid of my cab over! It was really hard but it was stressing me out with all of the problems it was having and lack of dealer support. So i had to trade it in. But i LOVED the panoramic view while plowing. Also another problem was it was only rwd so the guys got stuck ALOT...in heavy snow just gotta take smaller scoops and windrow it... worked well with weight. otherwise you were screwed.

14. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Lookin good! Do you have a different shop now?

15. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Is that an 8 foot Kage?

16. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nice fleet of trucks/equipment

17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Lookin' good! I can't believe that ToolCat has enough weight and you know what's to plow with that system. Those cab overs are nice, too bad Ford stopped making them.

18. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Its soo wierd how ford/international quit making the cabovers and then hino starts making cabovers again starting now.... Figure that one out...

19. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Thanks guys. The cage is an 8'. I need to get some ballast in the back of the TC, but I think it will work great for what we need it for. We did move into a different shop last year. This shop is just a temp. till we buy some land to build a new shop. It does suck that Ford / Int. quit making the LCF. We use them in the summer to pull our lawn trailers and haul leaves. Their tight turning radius and power make them a great plow truck.

20. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I hear the LCF is very tuff to get parts for, have you had any problems? My dealer had 2 of them sitting waiting to find parts to get them back up and going