1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our SNOWBEAR working

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ComSweep, Dec 30, 2008.

1. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

Sorry for the pic quality. Only so much I can do with a phone.
    Yes it's a Snowbear. It's our first year so it's what we got.
    Next year it will get better. We don't normally get alot of snow here.
    This is a new record since 1968.

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Dont worry about what people say, yes there are better plows, and yes they will work better, but if it makes you money, why complain?
  3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

the only thing i could guess, is that you may need to be a little easier with it....but hell, it should do

nice lookin truck too!
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh man whatever works. It does seem like a lot of truck for that plow though.
  5. coyote_nb

coyote_nb Junior Member

i buy my sbowbear b 2.hand and it's work.

i don't know way somebody have Problems with SB ???

We (the most time my wife) use it on a 1998 Ford Explorer 4x4 and it's make the live easy er!

I don't like to spent more money for a diff Plow only for a diff name.

for us i from interest the result.

oki have fun and some snow to plow tymusic tymusic
  6. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

Well, I just went over my billings for the week. I can now afford a different plow. Any recomondations? I want it easy to attach and operate. My partner is almost 70. He's the guy in the truck. I'm leaning towards a V-Plow, but, I know nothing about the differences in plows. Seems like everyone only cares about the name. I care about ease of use, maintanence, and how long it lasts.
  7. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

congrats. after everyone gave you a hard time, that poor little snow bear has paid for a bigger plow payup

i'm a fisher fan myself... but we've got the old school hydro ones.

most any of them seem pretty good. the blizzard wide out plows are pretty cool, and the vee's are nice for clean up. look around for the closest dealer, then check up on the brand they carry. seeing your not in a big snow area, parts might be hard to comeby when needed
  8. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Definently parts availibility!!!!! No matter how good the plow, it's gonna break! It's a piece of equipment. I've always been partial to western's but only had experiance with a few others. I run 8 western plows and 1 hiniker. Hiniker is nice but I'm not close to a dealer and I've got a western dealer 30 miles away. If I had both dealers side buy side, it would be a toss up. I like them both but definently like the ultra- mount on the westerns better. Easier to hook up and when the plows not on, you can't hardly see the mount (good clearance). I had a couple meyers a few years ago and they were o.k. but wouldn't recommend them for a full time, "get it done" plow. Don't get me wrong, they got me through, but not without quite a bit of maitinance. Looks like the snow dogg's on here are nice plows, but I've never delt with them or been around them. As far as v-plows, I don't have any just because I'm kinda a cheap skate. We get paid buy the hour and we get the job done in a timely manner without spending the extra money. I know a couple guys that have them and they work good and when you've been in the truck 24, 30, or 36 hours straight, it does make for a faster end time clean-up for sure! By that time, your grabbing for staws to get done!
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  9. 2500hdFisher

2500hdFisher Member

on the upper part of the page theres a thread on boss v failure so id read some of those posts because theres more than one instance of this and i myself am a fisher guy id look into the new fisher XLS they seem to have better width for clearing and cleaning up