1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Prayers Answered???? SNOW????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RCIPlow, Jan 17, 2002.

1. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Maybe, just maybe, all our praying is paying off. Looks like the weather guessers are almost all in agreement for snow for Phiily area and here in South Jersey for....dare I say it...SNOW!!!!!!Looks like 3-6" possable, with the good old, maybe more, maybe less. Might it be, I will try out my F250 and see what it does? Might I get to use my new quad as well? Will I finally use up the calcium from last March?????Here's hoping this isn't a cruel trick and we get the snow Saturday. Lets see, the church has mass on Saturday @ 5?6?and/or 7?Then again Sunday morning 7?,8:30?, 10,12? This must be a dream First snow and then on the busy days, wow...stay tuned..
  2. SJR

SJR Junior Member

Ya, They are guessing maybe 4 or more here in the Baltimore area. Lets pray!

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i got to salt this morning.....unexpectedly
  4. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Good luck to you guys. Just heard it on the news & thought about all you guys down there finally getting to plow. Calling for 1-3/2-5 up by me. Philly area should get the most accumulation they say. HORRAY!!!
  5. Brian Akehurst

Brian Akehurst Junior Member

It's been a long winter, we have been all dressed up and know place to go. All I can say is let it snow, let it snow, LET IT SNOW!

Good luck guys, have fun and make some money.
  6. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

spent the morning mounting the plow and spreader. Waiting for my two pallets of calcium to get here. Anytime now. If they dont show im gonna be at HOMe Depo ASAP cleaning them out. Anyway looks like all the elements are in place for a decent snow. Ahhh well it'll be nice to drop the plow and push that first looooong push. Alright good luck to all my fellow marylanders and to all our buddies north of us.
  7. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Good luck to all of us Mid- Atlantic'ers. it's just the begining, wait until feb. & march!
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks like 3-5 inches here. still they say the track could go a little farther north which would up totals. so that must mean we will get a dusting:D . time will tell.
  9. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

snow coming

the weather men say we have some snow coming to massachusetts for sat nite just in time for the Pats game. We are getting 2-4 they say and Foxboro stadium is 3-8 so the game will be good. Ill wait till after the game to start working Lets go Patriots.
  10. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Well. its all wait and see for now. Got the truck loaded, got supplies, got helpers, got 2 more accounts today, waiting on another commercial, and 4 more res. All we need now is the SNOW...Bring on the Snow..Good luck you guys and be safe.
  11. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

pat's plowing,
    1-3 out here, and I'll also be starting after the game.
  12. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Well we've changed from the Watch to the Warning now. 5" - 9" predicted for here. Hopefully they're half right this time. So far this season they've been 100% Incorrect for each potential event here. Everyone have fun & be safe if you're lucky enough to be in this one's path.

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

5"-9" predicted here to. if i rememeber last year the weather guessers predicted 2'+ on two different storms and we got squat (not even a salt). hope they are right this time.:rolleyes: we'll see???
  14. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

3" to 5" predicted for Coastal CT starting Saturday afternoon through Midnight (approx)

Its about Time !!!!!

I may actually get to plow if they are anywhere near correct in their predictions!!!!
  15. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Looks like it is on the way. Workers coming in at 11 to go over everything and take trucks home. This should be the first real use of everything this year.
  16. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

:( I hope the "storm" gathers more moisture before it heads your way. Our 1-3 inches? maybe if I push the whole driveway I may end up with 3 inches!

hope the picture showes up right!
  17. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

it worked in the test post...

18. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Snowing now. Looks like 2-4 maybe? with it ending after midnight. Couldnt come at a better time, most places will be done by sunup if predictions are correct, then have a leisurely Sunday with businesses closed to do the final mopup.
  19. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Snow started around 1pm, had a fire call, and snow was just starting to stick to the road. When i left work at 5pm, i plowed the lot for practice, we had about 1" on the ground, and some ice under it. Went to get paid for a dump run i did yesterday, put some gas in the truck and tomorrow at 6am i start the accounts.

20. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

We were getting 1-3" as of the noon news, at 2pm I put the plow back on and loaded the blower.
    At 5pm I plowed my two commercial lots, and again at 7pm. It was snowing well over an inch/hr for a while.
    Came back watched the NE-OAK game and now at 12:30 am we have about 5" total.
    It's time for a nap, and then up to run through everything.

snow, nice rig.