1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Our plow guy wasn't very good last year"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Oct 2, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Been getting a lot of that this year. Even from places I bid last are calling back for another estimate.But when I talk to them about price, they said it was higher then the guy who plowed last year, [​IMG]
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

"You got exactly what you paid for, didn't you?"
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Shocking, isn't it?
  4. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I love it when they start telling you a sob story and it always starts with "we paid him all this money and we weren't happy with the service..... " then they see your quote and say " your the fifth ( or phone book list) company to quote me that.... its double (if not triple) what we paid the guy last year".
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I had a location manager call me last week for a TV show they are shooting in our area, for a fall clean up of a property. they needed it done ASAP. (They were setting up on Sept 30). It wasn't a big job, non disclosure yada yada .My quote was under $500. (and I really don't do 1 time jobs, I was just curious) "No way the budget was under $100 do you know any small time operators that would be cheaper?" I do... do you know any big production companies that pay better?
  6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I love it.:laughing:
  7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

WINNER!!! wesport
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I love it when a prospect tells me that and then complanes about my price, I say "OK ill do it for the same price as they charged" the customer says great Ill sign up... "OK great" I say "O.. by the way for that price I wont show up either"! I NEVER failed to get the contract at my price after that.
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Picked up another one from last year. Same thing,plow guy not very good. Told them I'll do for my price last year,plus 25% more. Came backed signed. And another called yesterday,not happy either will know in a few days on it.
  10. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

I've heard the same thing a few times this year, "Your price is higher then the other guy". We follow up after sending quote out.... "we signed with the same guy as last year." I wish them luck. Not much you can do. One even admitted that you get what you pay for but they are signing with the same guy. money outweighing service.