1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our newst toy....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Brian Young, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

1996 New Holland LX665 Turbo. Only has 1836hrs. It needs tires soon and an enclosed cab and heater. So far it hasn't been too bad in the cab.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

thats nice, is it 2 speed

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Correct me if i'm wrong, that machine is a single speed right? Do you find it to fast?!!hah

Just curious because I went and looked at a cat skid that was a single speed, I couldn't imaging trying to windrow snow doing 4 mph

Nice unit tho

4. Brian Young

Your right....single speed. specs. say max speed is 7.3mph. We're going to use it mostly for stacking or loading. I might get a 8ft push box for it next season and use it somewhere.

5. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Are you going to get a pusher for it or just use the bucket this yr?
    Lookin' nice!
    I wouldnt mind one!

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Wow! You should have bought a cab & heater...:laughing: Tellin ya man, Mickey Mouse Boots, $100.00 problem solved!:D

It's a nice looking machine, you'll love having it.

7. Brian Young

LOL, we talked yesterday about them. Im going to prob. try to find the boots for now and save up for the acrylic enclosure with wiper and a Maryader (if I spelled that right) heater.

8. Lawn Rover

Lawn Rover Inactive

Nice addition. I just got one and love it. I'm looking to enclose mine with a heater and door as well.

9. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

congrads on the new purchase, ive ran a few new hollands, and I love them more then the other ones I ran

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Brian I have a new 10' compact pusher box that would be great on that machine. It would only cost ya about $900.

11. Brian Young

I would be interested. Can my machine handle a 10ft box? This year we're just going to use it for removal and stacking for now. I wanted to sub it out but the guy who has a property maint. company now is only paying 35/hr for a skid steer.:eek: No thanks!

12. Brian Young

Keep in touch though, as soon as we start paying off some bills,lol, I would be real interested, Reading is only about 6hrs away.

13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Congrats on the new toy. Until you have the money to buy a cab, put plexiglass on the sides of the cab. Its super cheap, and there are places that will cut it to your size specs. It makes a big difference having 3 sides of the cab closed in, especially when the wind is blowing.

14. Brian Young

Thanks, I wasn't loyal to any one brand. This is only the second skid steer ive been in ever. Our local BobCat dealer had a sweet mint condition 01 773 with cab,heat and ac with only 668hrs on it but the guy ended up backing out of the deal :cry: He was thinking a price around 11k for that one but oh well.

15. Brian Young

Just found a used set of factory side windows and all the brackets etc. from a salvage yard, in great shape for $250.00. He also said he might have the door at one of his other 12 sites for it.

16. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

That thing looks like it's in great shape for a 96. How do you like those foot pedals?

17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

My friend made a cab for his Volvo. He did a really great job, and saved himself a ton of money. Looks like you got a nice machine there.

18. Brian Young

I got used to them real quick but they weren't bad to begin with. If you need loader work done let me know. I'm sending out a letter to some smaller companies offering our services at a great rate.

19. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The cab enclosure and heater for the new LS model will fit the LX model if you run across any more parts. One dealer told me it would not, Bought a enclosure from another dealer and all the instructions where labeled LS and LX.

20. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Thanks Brian. Everything is spoken for now, guy I work with has a CAT 257 skid. Good luck with yours, hopefully we get some snow soon