1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new website

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by DellDoug, Nov 23, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I like it the photo section is cool, The only thing is on the home page your photos that change go very fast by the time ones up the next one is coming if you could slow it down a little it would be easier to see them. But very nice website

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Very Nice! I wouldn't slow it down too much in my opinion. It looks good.

4. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

great website, you have awesome equipment. How much did that icemelter set you back if you dont mind me asking?:salute:

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks good Doug.

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Nice site... I don't think the photos are too fast.

The snow-capped letters on your team page are a nice touch.

I also like that you give props to your 5+ year employees....

7. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Maybe it was just my computer making them do that

8. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Looks good! I like it. Very easy to navigate, and not jumbled with a bunch of nonsense.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Simple and to the point, I like it. You have quite the fleet of equipment, I'm impressed.

10. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

TOO fast on the photos.

I would consider adding a testimonial or quote section from current customers.
    I would consider adding photos of site you service. especially before and afters.

You are equipment heavy in photos, Does your average customer care? Some do some would rather see before and after. Some want to see which properties you service, some what to see photos of employees.

Remember not everyone is a guy like us who want to see the equipment. However Equipment is always good as well (unless it is from the 70's and an eyesore.)

JMO

11. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

One day Dell can be as BIG as you! :laughing:

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He spills more salt then I spread.:dizzy:

13. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You say that about everbody.

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking site & equipment.

15. M&M

M&M Senior Member

The point of a website is for people to find you and then potential clients can find you. I know the site is new so maybe google has not picked it up yet but I did a number of google searches and I could not find your site. The only 2 searches where google picked it up were "dell snow" and "dell snow services"

Any search with toronto and snow and romoval or anything like that and your site does not come up. That is a problem for you. I'm sure someone on this site could help you out more but keywording a website for google is almost as important as the site itself. It's the whole tree falling in the woods metaphore.

Not trying to preach but we are in a google world and that is how people search. I should qualify this by saying at least that is how it works in the US. I'm not sure if it's the same for Canada.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Doug doesn"t know that.

17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks to everyone for the thumbs up! We slowed the pics down a little bit. Different broadband speeds vary the speed of the pics allot so we are trying to find a happy medium.

18. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

in the photos section there's a page 2 option at the bottom in the left corner....i think it should be removed if there no pictures on the second page :)

either then that,looks great...is snow melting a good investment?

19. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

As someone with 10yrs of professional computer field experience, I agree you have have to may pictures of your equipment on your photo page. That photo page could be reduced to one single picture from a professional photographer with all your equipment. If you like get an office staff photo of all your employees in front of your equipment so it presents a "family operated business look"I did not see anything about your insurance. Maybe I missed it. I think you need a Customer testimonial page. Ask your clients to write up a short and sweet letter of recomendation. Ask them iif it would be ok to add that and their company logo to your site.

Good Job

20. growitmowitlawn

growitmowitlawn Member

looks good, to the point. Great pictures!