1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new Website

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by americansnow, Dec 30, 2005.

1. americansnow

americansnow Junior Member

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly? Pretty plain. Nothing to "show" who you are. I like the home page with the statment. I would add some pics. Under the commercial heading I would have some pics of my trucks or heavy equip. if any. Both action and still. Under the home I would show the ATV clearing some larger walkways and some blowing / salting being done.

Another nice view. A staff photo. I think this is a HUGE benefit! Let's people put a face to the company. Have the crew (drivers AND office) pose in front of your biggest vehicle and the nicest pickup you have. Also, be sure the drivers are looking good for the pics. Not suits mind you cuz that's just silly, but some jeans and nice flannels or all in one color jacket.

Lastly, have a section with customer comments. Ask a couple customers if you can use their first name and city only with their comment.

Bob

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I hope you either you have the same truck and plow as the Western web site or you have permission to use their IT on you website.

I agree that some more pictures would be nice.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

ASM, since your new I can't PM you, nor do you have an email listed, please email me so I can answer your questions in depth.

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Grn Mtn, as a guy who will soon be making a website myself, I too would love to hear what you think. Some other guys on the site may want to hear your input as well. Could you reply in the forum maybe? If not, could u please email me the same suggestions? Ptbullguy@aol.com

Thanks, Bob

6. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

who did your web site for you

7. Grn Mtn

check your mail:salute:

8. americansnow

Thanks for the comments as I get new equipment I will add pictures of it. right now I just have a few trucks and atvs that im waiting for my new logo and graphics to be put on them.

Precision I got my website done here www.redcatmedia.com

I wanted a clean look that would make my company look proffessional

9. Grn Mtn

Overall I would agree that you have achieved a professional look, however seeing that you say it was done by a design firm, have them fix the typo's, and I would add two more (different sized) snow flakes to the logo to give it just a tad bit more character. The logo will go nice on letterhead and apparel.

10. americansnow

Yea I cannot wait till I get the apparel it will look cool. Good idea about the other snowflake too. The sites not done yet its still in design the text is just something I sent them to fill it in.

11. Grn Mtn

new logo

This is what I ment by extra snowflakes.

Attached Files:

• asm.psd
      File size:
      52.4 KB
      Views:
  12. Grn Mtn

oops

sorry for the photoshop file here is the jpeg

asm.jpg

13. somm

somm Senior Member

text and content very well written !

good use of red in dynamic visual imaging !

kudos

14. americansnow

Grn MTn that looks cool Im going to have them play around with that idea I like it thanks.

Thanks for the compliments SOMM

15. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Need A Rain Slogan Looks Like Our Snow Is In Siberia

16. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Very Generic.. Not to thrilled with the photos you used. Site really does nothing for me..

17. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Looks OK but to generic with pics from Northern Tool and Western.Even If you only have 1 truck you should have pics of your equipment

18. americansnow

Post your Websites

Post your Websites lets see them :}

19. americansnow

Qualitylawncare did you use yahoo page builder for your site?

20. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I have been in business for over 15yrs now.For the last 5yrs we have done NO websites,phone books,800#s or newspaper advertising.We do primarily State,City and subcontracting work.Its nice to save 8k a year in advertising