1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our New to us Loader!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by forestfireguy, Sep 17, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Here is boys, we just picked this up last week............

Misc, machines,beach 348.jpg

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

nice what size is it?
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

needs a pusher box:D
  4. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Congrats...you will love the machine when the snow is deep!!
  5. forestfireguy

It's a 2.5 yard bucket, things has got unreal power compared to our backhoes, it picks up 2+ yards of soil like it's empty. We brought it into the yard and the owner of the company said "looks a little bigger in our yard, hope we didn't go too big", was pretty funny. I said NAH, it'll be just fine........
  6. forestfireguy

And yes I do need a pusher, looking for a 14-16 footer, used. Wanted to get a sectional but the boss pulled the plug on new...Probably end up with a rubber edge pro-tech or the like.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new loader. Good luck with it.
  8. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I have a sixteen foot Protech like new for sale pm me for the info.
  9. samjr

samjr Senior Member

looks like

it looks like it had a plow init look @ the ears in the bucket:mechanic:
  10. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Congrats. It is a good size for snow. As for pusher size I wouldn't go any bigger than a 12 ft. I could probably handle a 14 - 16. For us any bigger than a 12 ft would limit the machine to some of our smaller lots.
  11. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you guys and how many hours. I would love to get one.
  12. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I would not go larger then a 14 ft pusher on that rig. If your only pushing a couple of inches im sure it would work fine but you get a big storm you'll be back to your bucket. Our 924's struggle with 14ft ers sometimes so I would go with that or a 12. You'll love the loader though, nothing beats a wheel loader for moving snow!
  14. forestfireguy

After some thought I think we're looking at a 14 ft pusher, possibly folding if I could find a used one I'd be all over it. It was used with a 12 ft road plow previously. The price was $38,000 with 1528 Hrs, we searched hi and low, looked at Deere, Case,Volvo and ended up with a Hyundai, partly due to price and partly because the guy who owned it is right around the corner from us and has a great reputation for taking good care of his stuff. We were afraid to go to an auction and unknowingly buy somebody elses headache. The guy we picked it up from is an excavating contractor and has 3 Hyundai track hoes, he said that the Korean steel used in these machines is "ship or ship hull grade" and that as one of the only ship building countries left in the world it is of high quality. All I know is I couldn't find any bad reveiws of these machines. I will say that with the high lift package it gets a little bouncy with a bucket full of soil lifted to full height.....
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  16. forestfireguy

Mick, thanks thats EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Anyone making any runs south from Mass ? We do not register our trucks with DOT #s so crossing state lines gets risky into NY especially.