1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new snowblower toy!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cog-1, Nov 25, 2007.

1. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Check out our new toy- all the way from Switzerland. Now all we need is a bunch of snow!!!
    It figures- this is the driest winter in years when we are equipped to handle it...

pics snow blower 007.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

can you come do my driveway ;)

3. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i will put it up aginst the 5hp toro anyday lol nice setup

4. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

Oh Hell Yeah!! We gotta have some pics of that baby workin it over the course of the winter..Nice Setup

5. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

. . . and in the summer you can use it to remove old asphalt:dizzy: yikes!

6. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Yeah, pretty psyched to run this baby, sure beats the old sno-go we had. Only problem is it is so nice don't want any of our guys running it and screwing it up...
    We demo'd one similar (but smaller) last year which was hooked to the front of a Unimog, powered by a PTO. This one is powered by a 175HP Mercedes engine, capacity rated at around 1300 ton per hour-:dizzy:

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

that is one sweet machine

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

the one high quailty machine !!!! you better get some action pic of that . btw how is getting parts for that gunna be ?

9. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Well we are working on the parts thing with the dealer now...
    We have one of the first in CO, trying to make a list of parts we know we will use eventually, like wear shoes, etc., but looking at the way this thing is made I doubt we will need anything the first season including wear items. Hopefully we won't find out the hard way about parts availabilty, but the dealer has been extremely accomodating so far...

10. NCass31

NCass31 Member

if you didn't want to chew up asphault in the off season, i can see that thing mowing down some new trials and land clearing... beautiful equipment..enjoy

11. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Actually the US govt. demo'd one of these (larger unit, I think it was the 325 HP unit), they needed something to chew up tumbleweeds/throw them over a 20' high fence. I guess the tumbleweeds were getting real deep along the fence lines and they needed to be sure for natl. security no one was getting thru the fence/burrowing thru them and coming out somewhere else. After they tried one of these puppies they bought 4...another case of govt. spendingpayup

12. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

very nice piece.. get some pics when its in action..

13. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

verry nice

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  14. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

WoW;) What is the cost??? How big is the loader?

15. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Loader is a 938 CAT, will throw snow (depending on density, etc.) about 100 ft.; rocks go a long way...
    Also has a different chute for it to load snow into a dump truck and haul it away.

16. IDOCTORTREES

from MONTANA

Cost?? how long did it take to get it

17. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Not sure what the cost of one is now- dealer gave us a smokin' deal since he was trying to get one in the state for people to come and check out. Plus the value of the dollar has really dropped since we ordered it last spring; I am guessing a similar one would be close to 180K now...payup:dizzy:

18. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Since they are built to order (different sizes, hp ratings, machine couplers, etc.) it took us about 5 months to get ours. Usually don't get into the time of year to using it until December anyway.

19. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

I know CO gets their snow in FEET but what do you hunt with that thing?

20. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

I'm sure it could tenderize/make into ground meat anything it finds in the snow, one reason have to have an excellent operator; never know where there might be kids building snow caves, that would be the worst nightmare-:eek: