1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new loader plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cog-1, Dec 15, 2007.

1. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Our new loader plow-16' total length, 8' center section with 4' wings. Hydraulically angles, wings hydraulically angle in and out also. Very expensive, but will pay for itself in time by less labor/fuel/equipment time, not to mention less aggravation of chasing your wind rows like with our regular 12' plows. This blade gives you the best of both worlds- a box plow and a straight plow. I have been wanting one of these for years and so far it has been even better than I thought-xysport

Gjerstad plow 001.jpg

Gjerstad plow 002.jpg

Gjerstad plow 003.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very Nice,
    How old is that Cat?

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That thing looks sweet. I might need one of those tomorrow.

4. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Cat 938G is a 2002 model

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow - That thing is sweet! You gotta take some action shots next :nod:

6. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Nice

Looks great, and will improve your plowing times big time, just wondering why there are big gaps between the end plates and the main plow when it's in box mode....., gotta leave some trailers behind with holes that big ???

Al

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I agree. Some truck mudflaps will do the trick to seal them up yet be flexible at the same time.

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Wow that is sweet. Deffinatly help increase productivity.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice machine!!

10. akron pa pw

akron pa pw Junior Member

GREAT IDEA, If you could only make it a quick change bucket/plow. You would be able to plow and then load-out. Just an idea. GREAT JOB.

11. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Well the machine has a quick coupler on it, so it is easy to take the blade off/put on a bucket to haul snow or hook on the snowblower and blow it outta there...:gunsfiring:

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, keep us updated on how it works for you.

13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Very Nice! What kind of plow is that? Would like to have one of those some day! Guess we'll just have to keep saving the green! I would love to see some action shots of that rig!

14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

COG-1 how many hours on your little 938G?

15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Awsome machine! We need some videos from this thing!!

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

wow i bet that will move some snow

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm assuming when the wings are folded forward it's for transport or a narrow part of the lot, so the gaps don't matter. The blade will push more with the wings set at 45 degrees.

Cog 1, that blade does look built very well!

18. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

The CAT has about 3000 hrs on it. The blade is pretty heavy duty, made by a company in Norway called Gjerstad who also makes mining equipment. I have used the blade a couple times and haven't noticed any trails but like someone said I only U the blade totally for transport down the highway.

19. Otto

Otto Junior Member

Very nice. Made in Norway, I bet it wasn't cheap.