1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our New Kubota RTV Has Finally Arrived!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Really enjoyed booting around the neighborhood in it today. Not the fastest thing on the road (40KMph or 25Mph) but it is definitely a workhorse and comfortable and surprisingly quiet inside the cab.

I cant wait for some snow to really put it to the test.

Hunting season next year is going to be fun too. lol

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking rig. Might be the new year before you get to push snow . Keep us informed on how it works out for you ....Thumbs Up
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice buggy.......
    A couple questions:
    Why not a Boss UTV plow?
    Do you really need a Garmin type navigation in it?
  4. Boss is not very common here where I live so getting service would be a pain in the ass. Since this is a Kubota Plow I was able to negotiate a very good deal since I bought the RTV. So far this Plow seems impressive. I like the controls and it has down pressure.

Yes to the garmin GPS. We only run garmin and they serve us well.
  5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking the same thing on the GPS, wouldn't think you would need one in a UTV.
  6. Machine is going to be doing a residential route not just sidewalks.
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Neat. Registered like any car or truck to drive on the street?
  8. doesnt need to be here. we are allowed on roads just not highways
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Cant believe you dont need plates, good for you i guess. I wonder how that works out for your insurance. Nice rig for sure.
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's cool. Throw a single stage blower in the back and that is a bad ass little driveway rig. Get pics of that thing at work, if it ever snows!
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You need to put a slow moving sign on it for it to be legal. I'd suggest oiling it very well as the RTV's don't like the salt very much.
  12. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Looking good! I'm surprised at the layout of the cab it looks really operator friendly and spacious. Get it from Galers?
    I have a few drives down around New St and Lakeshore, that rig would be perfect.
    How wide, would it plow a sidewalk?
  13. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

14. ServiceOnSite - Just as mentioned by JD Dave we only need a slow moving sign. It is fully insured by Kubota that covers virtually everything, even roll over. I was really impressed by Kubota's coverage so I went with them over my own equipment insurance company.

S-205 -- It is very spacious. Last night I let my equipment manager take it for a spin. We are both big guys. He is 6'1" about 200 pounds and I am 6' tall and 220 pounds and there was plenty of room inside for us. We were not cramped or feeling like we were "cuddling". lol The blade is a 72" V-Blade which I wanted because we are going to be doing driveways with it along with our commercial property walkways. It fits perfectly on our commercial property walkways but I will admit on sidewalks she is a little tight. When collapsed it just fits on our street sidewalks. We picked it up from Kooy Brothers which is where I have purchased all of our plows and salters. I had shopped around previously and no one could come close to the prices I got from Kooy Brothers in North York. If you want to test the machine out let me know and I will let you take it for a spin.
  15. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a perfect machine for doing residential drive's, very nice!
  16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great.

I was just running my 900 that has over 5000 hours on it (1 new engine) and thinking I should get rid of it and buy a new one. But I need Wade's tractor first.

Seriously, it's getting to be in rough shape. But overall it has been an amazing machine. One of my best purchases.
  17. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Please let me know how the plow works. We have 2 rtvs with the Boss UTV-V plow, and are having troubles with them (the plow). Seems to be too much weight hanging on the front bumper as we are breaking factory welds on the machine. Also there has been a problem with the plow sitting level with the ground. We have spent hours going through the leveling procedure on the plow and can not get it to sit level. I have been thinking about selling the Boss plows and going with Kubota's plow and broom set up.
  18. We have no snow yet but what I can tell you is the other day I took the Kubota v blade off the machine and it didn't change the height of the machine any noticeable amount. The down pressure is pretty strong as well. I also used a timer and my GPS for speed and the speed gains and max speed was exactly the same with and without the Plow. Kubota says 25mph but it seems to hold steady at 23mph with or without the Plow.

I will report back when we get some snow.
  19. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Good luck finding an operator for this beast. I've been trying to think of a few guys.