1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new blizzards

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by magnatrac, Nov 18, 2011.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Yesterday afternoon we headed out to get our new plows ! These new ones come in alot more boxes than the old ones.

[​IMG]

The a frame and pumps come in a seperate crate unlike the last time we got a blizzard new in the box ( pre dd) ,it all came together.

[​IMG]

and the blades!

[​IMG]

We also got 8 other boxes with the controlers , wiring, isolation module , and mount brackets.

[​IMG]

We have our work cut out for the weekend but it will be nice to see the side to side difference between my old 860sw and the new 8600sw !

, shaun

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

good luck pay attention to instructions check and double check every thing they r still having issues LOL:mechanic:

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

they go together pretty easy, but like said before pay attention to the details. Have a good time and save the drinking for later.

4. magnatrac

Yup we will take our time and do it right the first time. Other than the old speed wing in the backround we have built and installed all of our plows. They have been all blizzard ( pre DD) and western uni mount and ultra mount pro plows. Our line of thinking by doing it ourselves isn't to save money. We have always said if we put it together then we know how to take it apart when it needs to be fixed ! There are easy things we do like use anti sieze that the dealers don't do when throwing them on a truck. These plows are almost assembled in the crates. It looks like we really just have to put the sections together. there is one thing we are kind of questioning though. The hand held controllers we recived with these plows don't have the four number buttons for the security lock. Looking at the blizzard site they are pretty proud of that feature so I figured when we chose the handheld controllers it would have that. I doubt I would even use it but I was just curious if we didn't get the correct controls? A couple of the boxes we got are covered in a thick layer of shop dust so we know they might be older stock.

5. gbtl

gbtl Member

our they power hitch 2? i believe only power hitch has that ability

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much you gave for those 2 8600 speedwings??

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

i would ask the dealer about the security code could be old controllers or r they westerns both work lol

8. magnatrac

No I don't mind , we paid $11k out the door for both plows. We bought them from D&G in mason. I will have to ask about the controller then becasue these are the newest plows they have out. The part numbers are exactly what it calls for on the blizzard site. I didn't know if it was another option beyond just ordering the hand held.

, shaun

9. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

nope should have security code on controllers then

10. gbtl

gbtl Member

yeah he probably had old ones and didnt order new ones..bring them back

11. damian

damian Senior Member

i would rather have the old controls,less of a chance some one punches in a wrong security code and forgets the right one. one less phone call at 1am.