1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our New $800,000 Snow Removal Bad Boy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Toby, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The way the article is worded it sounds like the machine malfunctioned because of operator error. So, where do you run that machine? Where does all the water go, down the drains? Can the thing operate in cold weather? Does it put out hot water?

3. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

150 tonnes per hr. is blown up a chute over the truck cab into a tank...it's Melted Instantly and then pumped out onto city streets...

Here's What I don't Get...All that Water is Not going to go make it to the Drains...Won't it Freeze on the road & Sidewalks & Just create more Havok ?

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

what is an unloader?

5. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

Hey,

They have those puppys in NYC. Its just a big melter. They dump snow into it, over a sewer drain and it all goes down the sewer system. They devloped the technology when it became illegal to dump snow into the rivers,

Larry

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I saw them in Brooklyn. They are small compared to what is used at the airports. Hey MR.PLOWSI, PM me.

7. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

We have a few of the Snow Melters that just Melt & Dump over Drains & 3-4 Smaller Mobile Ones...

This is an Entirely Different Beast...

8. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

generic name for a bobcat, case 1845, new holland, ect. All uniloaders

Toby do you have a picture, I would like to see it

9. PamelaRose

PamelaRose Member

Im confused....

If they cant dump snow in the river where do they think the storm drain goes????

I saw a good one the other day after our "blizard" in the freight yard in New Haven. It was a small RailRoad Engine with what look like a BIG cannon on the front of it. It was a jet engine blowing/melting the snow off the tracks. It was acting like the operator had a joy stick because it went up down and rotated. I should have taken a picture but I was on my way to work.

NASCAR guys .... It gave a whole new meaning "Track Dryer" :dizzy: LOL

If I see it again I will take a picture !

10. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Unloader?

Maybe it is the same guy that operates the dump truck. I know it is much easier when I unload the mack myself.

Have had the experience of trying to side dump with an end dump. I figured out why they call it an END dump. :rolleyes:

Jeff