1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our new 2016 F-650.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by classiclawncare, Feb 13, 2016.

1. classiclawncare

classiclawncare Senior Member

This is our new 2016 F-650 Dump truck. Well be using it for our sidewalk crew in the Winter. 25,999 GVW. It has a 17' long aluminum dump body on it with 4' tall sides. Side door and rear barn doors. Power windows, locks, cruise ect. It has the Ford 6.7 diesel engine. The body was custom built from the ground up by Meadows Hydraulics out of Fruitland MD. On top of the Cab shield we had sleeves made to hold 10' long aluminum ramps that are folded in half. We will use them to walk wheels borrows into the truck body. We have aluminum welded on top of the sleeves to make a sleeve for the wheel borrow to slide into to keep in place with just 1 strap. There is a 72" custom made open span aluminum tool box on each side of the truck. We will use the ramps to load and unload the snow blowers.

chris 2.12.16 040.JPG

chris 2.12.16 063.JPG

chris 2.12.16 011.JPG

chris 1.26.16 004.JPG

chris 2.2.16 172.JPG

2. classiclawncare

Heres a few more pics............

chris 2.12.16 089.JPG

1.13.16 003.JPG

chris 1.22.16 040.JPG

chris 2.12.16 078.JPG

chris 1.22.16 048.JPG

3. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

That is a nice looking looooooooooong truck

4. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Nice truck

5. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Let us know how she does once you load it up or tow with it . What rear does it have ? She is a long truck, good thing you guys have lots of open roads over there

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck.
    I don't understand the build or usage, but that's up to you.

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow that is a lot of truck. A nice looking truck too. Just out of curiosity, how high is the ceiling in your shop?

8. classiclawncare

Wipens- It wsnt built to be a sidewalk crew machine, its built for my landscape crew, but were going to use it for my sidewalk crew when we get snow.

Pete- my shop ceiling is 14'.

Marek- Ill have to check on the rear axle ratio.

9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Damn, I cant even imagine what that bed cost! How is the turning radius? Nice truck though.

10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Wow that is huge. Really nice truck I love the front end I think it looks mean.
    Just curious did you consider a hook lift system for it at all? Or were you just looking for a dump?
    Nice truck though, business must be going very well!

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Does it have coal chutes in the rear doors? Ramps of some sort too?

Fold down sides would have been nice on something that long

12. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Nice truck. I used to have the same thing but got rid of it. It's great to have the large dump but it's useless when you put heavy material in it like topsoil. That body is only good for mulch because the pump wasn't strong enough for heavy material. Good luck with it.

13. classiclawncare

Pals- Yup I agree you cant haul much topsoil in it, but when we do small jobs we can haul it, or for most jobs we have it delivered to the jobsite from our supplier. For most jobs we use it for mulch, smaller stone jobs, or debris removal it work perfect. We were loading up our 12' body way to quick so thats why we upgraded, not really b/c of the weight, but the open space to carry debris. The hoist they put in it is a 20 ton capacity so it should lift anything we put in there.

Triple L- I agree fold down side would have been neat. We had the side door made extra wide and slid back so that we dont have much dead space areas in the body.

Allagas, we briefly considered hooklifts, but the 12' dump on our F-550 did perfect, and this F-650 should be a simply larger version of that. Plus now any Ford dealer can do warranty work on it and my local body shop can do anything to the body if needed.

14. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

That is a sweet truck. Good luck with it!

15. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Where do you carry tools? Is there a rack somewhere?

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Need a city block to turn that thing around. How do you tie down the blowers in the box in winter? Snow and Aluminum are slippery. Awfully high to drive a snowblower up better yet coming down with a snowblower looks fun. Holding onto snowblower on the steep ramp and balancing your feet on the ramp at the same time.

Sounds like a workers comp claims in the making.

17. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Damn y'all are a negative bunch.

Beautiful truck. Everytime I see you post makes me feel like I could make a living on that side of the bridge.

18. classiclawncare

G- We have the 2 72" long tool boxes that can hold a few blowers, weed eaters, bed edgers ect and the shovels and rakes fit into the sleeves under the wheelborrows.

Grassman- We dont get a ton of snow but my sidewalk crew has been using my current F-550 with an aluminum dump body for the sidewalk crew for the past 3 winters, this winter being the 4th and they havent had any problems. The ramps are punched aluminum which gives good grip and they are 48" wide which is wide enough. I do appreciate the concern, but well manage, always have always will. I run 7 snow crews and my guys are pretty good and can figure things out.

19. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Bad azzzz truck!

20. NHCraigT

NHCraigT Member
    from NH

Now that is working smart.

Very nice truck and very nice custom-built modifications.

Don't listen to the negative waves = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbEucjsNFU

(I am sure that you will continue to figure-out things, as you and others, make good use of the truck).

Thanks for posting the pics and all the details.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016