1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Mustang 2040 skid loader plowing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sno4U, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Here's some video of our Mustang 2040 plowing snow from this past weekend. I'll post 2 vids. 'cause in the 2nd one we're not really pushing alot but in the 1st it has a plow full!
    My 60yr. old Dad does pretty well with this machine.
    Also, in the 1st Vid. U can see how wet & heavy the snow is b/c it actually just turns to water/rain as it hits the windshield. Kinda like plowing a big sno-cone!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mJUWx5KKwg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mJUWx5KKwg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9ym5dzanM8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9ym5dzanM8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Wow that handles that plow great. sometimes I wish we had and angle blade for our instead of the 8ft pusher seems like it might be a little faster. Nice vid

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet vids. I love watchin skid steere's plowing snow. They are pretty much the best. Where are you in WI?

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

cool video of your skid

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We are down in Racine County. Just off of Hwy 11, Near Burlington.

Did ya have "Fun" this weekend-what a way to spend Easter!

Also to Braaap: Skidloader did very well this past storm. Very wet heavy snow. Still kept pushin'! Brand new tires on it really helped.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  6. Brant'sLawnCare

Yeah, it was fun. I need all the money I can get, since I am a new business. I'm going to be spending the money I make this winter on landscaping equipment that I need. So, even though I'm not a fan of the wet heavy stuff, I won't be complaining! lol. :waving:

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice vid looks like it handled the task well

8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

9. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

No not yet. But I just looked at a 1974-75 Michigan 55 yesterday. It had alot of "issues".(weak tranny, air brakes don't work, etc.) So I'll pass on that one. May go up to Jackson tommorrow to look at a John Deere 544.

Hey shoot me an E-mail.
    mschattner@wi.rr.com
    We used to do some stuff out in Waterford. We had some condo's out there. I bet you know them. I'll just describe for now. Lots of front to front garages w/ long pushes down the center to the river. All the condo's have exposed steps on the outside of the building covered w/ astro grass and all the parking spots have pylons w/ ropes stretching across so you can't push the snow straight thru the space.
    Place was a nightmare

10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

HATS OFF TO YOUR DAD 60 YEARS OLD AND WORKING HARDER THEN YOU STILL LOL :salute:NICE VIDEOS AND EQUIPMENT ALSO THX FOR SHARING:drinkup:

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice skid loader.

12. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

The sad thing is, you are right!
    I have health issue and am "vertically challenged" but I bust my own **** in my own way.
    I remeber a few years ago, Dad and I where doing a mulch job and we where shoveling mulch out of the back of a truck well I'd work real quick and get alot out and have to rest, but Dad very steadily just kept shoveling until the cart we where filling was full.wesport
    Dad grew up on the farm and works very hard. I imagine shoveling wood mulch was not much different to him than forking silage.:nod:
    Bottom line: He kicks my butt (when it comes to hard work) most of the time.
    forgot to mention the mulch day it was like 85* and VERY humid. Just standing still the sweat would roll off ya!:yow!:

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Hey, are you ready for some more snow tonight? I don't know if we are supposed to get much up north of Milwaukee, but you should get hit.

14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Locked & Loaded! Bring it on!

15. Brant'sLawnCare

Did you get any snow? We haven't gotten any yet.

16. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Its 7:30 pm now (the clock on this website is wacked) and its been snowing but only sticking to the grass, where its about 1" now. Its supposed to get down to 27* so, I'm figuring on selling the last of my salt (whether they want it or not).

17. Brant'sLawnCare

I'm suprised you still have salt left! Most guys around here have had to buy repeatedly this year.

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice vids....your dad is good with the skid!!!:gunsfiring:

19. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Dads' my most dependable helper. He gives a sh&* how equipment gets treated-seldom breaks anything,:nono: if he does break something, he usually helps fix it. Of 'coures thats 'cause he runs things a little slower than me!:nod: