1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Mitsubishi Fuso Plow Truck (Pictures and Video)

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by TomG, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TomG

TomG Member

Here is our Fuso plow truck. I love plowing in this truck because it is a cabover and you can see exactly where your blade is. If you haven't plowed in a cabover you have no idea what your missing. We have a 9' Fisher Plow on it and a 3 yard Economizer sander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNze6_PxpIM

aaaa.jpg

bbbb.jpg

P1270012.jpg

P1270013.jpg

2. TomG

TomG Member

3. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

is that truck 4 wheel drive?

4. TomG

TomG Member

Yes the truck is a 4x4

5. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

I know it's an old thread but what type of fuel mileage do you get plowing with the mitsu ?

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I have an 07 FE (2wd) model, and I get no better than 12mpg on the highway. Being it's 4wd, I'm sure it gets less than that.

Mileage while plowing ? I didn't know there was such a thing.;)

7. mackclmodel

Did you plow with it ?

8. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Plow with a 2wd box truck ? No.

Point is, if I'm doing regular cruising around and getting 12, I cannot imagine getting better mileage otherwise.

9. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

What do you have for an engin? I used to adverage 14 with my 4 banger diesel, no highway, all local.

10. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

300 Cu Inch 4banger diesel. I've done the mileage thing dozens of times, and the best I ever got was 13.5, but that was on a long trip, and I wasn't loaded with materials. My foot was very relaxed that day, as I didn't have to be there in a hurry. Every time I do the mileage thing it's generally around 11 to 12 MPG, pretty much hovering around 12

Love the truck because it does everything I need. Would have preferred a 4x4, but there wasn't one available when I was looking.

BTW, the only time I got better mileage was when my kids used the truck for some expedition down to south NJ. They were very gentile on the pedal while driving apparently..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  11. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

looks awesome, must be nice to see the plow

12. mackclmodel

It should be awesome. This will be my first year plowing in a little truck anyways.

13. robtown

robtown Junior Member
    from NJ

I have an 8.6 v plow on my w4500 cabover 2wd drive and it plows great. Turning radius is the best. It is a desiel and i get about 12 mpg

14. mackclmodel

I'm running a 8.5 Fisher V on the Fuso to this year. Turning radius is incredible so much better than the old R-Model Mack. The only complaint I have is the plow sucks and is way to light duty for municipal street plowing

15. robtown

robtown Junior Member
    from NJ

Wow thats wierd ...i love the v plow and the thing weighs like 900 pounds, but i mostly do commercial lots.

16. mackclmodel

Thats exactly what this plow should be used for, lots and driveways.

17. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

We love our Cab over Mits, great for small downtown lots, and salting is amazing because you can pull a u-turn in even the smallest lot and don;t have to shut the salter off. And just did the calculation yesterday we are doing about 10mpg while plowing.

Also ours is only 2wd and we have never had an issue getting stuck.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  18. gene gls

You can get a locker for the rearend. I had one put in mine. It was a little noisy when turning on dry pavement, made the tires wear faster.

19. mackclmodel

We finally had a storm that I had to fuel up mid way through. Here's what I got, 1.71 gallons per hour or get ready 5.478 mpg plowing streets. WOW I thought it would get better than that. My old F-450 got 5mpg's and had alot more power.

20. gene gls

I think you need to look for a fuel leak some where.