1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our loader rocks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by forestfireguy, Dec 31, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We had our first snow of the year, and what a storm it was, 20+ inches in most of our service area. Our Hyundai 740-3 was an animal. With our 14ft folding pusher we moved it from site to site and then stacked and loaded out snow for 5 days. BEST PURCHASE EVER! Anyone who needs a loader, I'd fully reccomend the Hyundai loaders as comfortable, powerful and certainly econimical. We bill the same as a guy with a CAT and paid considerably less.......

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

How is the parts availability compared to Cat, Deere, Case, Volvo, or Komatsu though?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We have a local Hyundai dealer here and it's been around for many years. Glad the loader worked very well for you, not sure I could buy one but wouldn't knock someone who did.

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

When the snow gets deep the loaders really shine.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ed,
    Good to hear that the foldable pusher worked out so well for you. I was thinking of you the other day wondering how that thing worked. I'd buy another Hyundai in a second if I needed one....They are a workhorse thats for sure and for the $ you can't beat them! Especially if you just use them for snow.

Johnny, parts a very easily available as they have cummings engines and mine has a clark tranny....

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Mick,

Thanks Again for the lead on that pusher. It really has worked out very well.

The loader really made this storm for us, we'll bill more than hallf of our purchase price on this one event.

7. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

now your problem will be actually getting paid. Big bills are hard to collect. Glad to hear your machine worked out so good.

8. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

What is the contact info for the dealer in NJ, my buddy is going to look into this for a new loader. I am in central NJ.

9. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

We have 2, an '07 and an '08. We only use them for snow. I think they are excellent machines, very nice for what they are. I prefer JD but like you said... considerably less, actually a ton less.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Like how much are we talking with something comparable to a 544? I know a new 544 around here is around 150k.

11. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I am looking at a new Hyundai 740-9 loader and it is loaded with everything you can think of having even michellen X Snoplus Radial at $3100 a tire and it is $114,900 and that is it dropped off at my front door.

I have always been a cat guy but I just sold my Cat 930 it need to go and they best deal I could find for another Cat 930 was $162,000 loaded the same as the Hyundai 740-9 loader. If that doesnt sell you Cat only wanted to give me a 12 month 500 hour warranty and Hyundai comes with a 3 year 4500 hour warranty at no added cost and it is only $800 for another year and 1500 hours.

12. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

i have a hyundai i also have a volvo i really like the volvo