1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Hynudai in the snow-

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by forestfireguy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the loader we picked up in the fall, the folding pusher Mick76 found for me is on the front.

Hyndaisnow-2.jpg

Hyundai-snow1.jpg

2. forestfireguy

I don't get the time to run it much, I know the skis aren't level, I had about 30 minuites in it the day these pictures were taken, that's probably the longest I've been in the seat...

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Lookin good!, got it all lettered too, looks nice.

You guys got that just in time, right before they closed up up there at the dealer.

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

very nice pics...get ready for wed night

5. forestfireguy

Thanks Guys, we are happy with it. Pushes that 14ft box like there nothing there, only comment(not really negative, just is what it is) is the extended reach arms really put the box out there in front, which is only odd when the box is folded up, and it's WAY out there, it roads well, but does take a little getting used to. The high lift arms have been great for other reasons, original owner did some envior work and loaded out big dump trailers with it often, we don;t need the long arms.....

Had one problem so far, there's a little glass bowl which holds a screen for the fuel system, apparently this screen develops gel when other parts of the system are unaffected. Odd since we treat every tank we have and the machine on each fill, but anyway, we cleaned the screen and no more trouble......

Will, I found the machine sitting @ G&H on consignment, funny thing is it belonged to a guy whose shop we could throw a rock towards and hit his front door, we didn't even realize it was for sale. We purchased a skidsteer from him years ago, and after the loader a salter direct mounted to a chevy.....We don't really do chevy here, but the truck was in really good shape for an 86...Boss said it's a site unit anyway, run it till it dies, and so far no major problems......

The loader had about 1500 on the clock whe we grabbed it, AWESOME deal of the year.....only drawback so far is that it doesn't have a coupler up front and we'd really like to use forks around the yard, some stone pallets we get are too heavy for the skid steers to handle well. But in the spring we'll be looking to add a coupler, still a HUGE savings over what would have been an older machine with higher hours and an unknown history. This one we felt good buying as we know the owner, he was the operator 99% of its life with him and he's a PM nut. We are very pleased with the purchase.............

6. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Nice Purchase, and the lettering looks great!

Your chains and binders look a little loose though. We run our chains to the side, rear of the bucket where hooks are welded on. Hammer-Loks are a great way to permanently attach the chain to the box as well.
    (http://www.liftingonline.com.au/products/Hammerloks)

Are you running any weight in the tires for additional traction?

ugh just got done flipping the rubber on our 16' box today...no fun, lol

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

1. I was hoping for a picture of a Hyundai, tiburon or something.....

2. I've never plowed with a loader/pusher isnt it weird when you havent even used your own equipment? I was hauling snow the other night and put the pusher on when I got back to the lot the loader stays parked in, and screwed around a little bit, feels weird that big ol thing right in front of you.

8. forestfireguy

Dan,

I learned a long time ago, back when I did run a backhoe with a pusher that the pusher should be able to shift a little bit on the bucket, thus riding up or shifting a little bit before damaging that curb or whatever you didn't really see well. Some insist they should be bound tight, but this is what I've found best. Also this particular unit folds, and the the middle section is 6 ft wide, with 2 4 ft wings. On a standard box, I'd go end to end, but still allow for "play". We do not run any weight in the tires, and only have issues on one property, due to the slope of the entire lot and the icing issue we always have there I'm not sure how much it would help. We had a 6 inch heavy slop storm earlier in the year, this machine in 2nd gear pushed that box with snow out 12-15 ft in front without slowing down.

Longae, to clarify. I Co-run the snow operation for a good sized landscape company, this is not equipment that I personally own, I found it, I'm responsible for it and the rest of the fleet, but I don't own it. Having said that, it was odd to be "back in the saddle". The thing is HUGE and heavy.....I'm used to 8'6" on the front of a 250 that I wish was on the ground more, but with 1 big remote site(about 35 miles from the shop) which is pretty much self sufficient except when things break.....LOL, and 5 other routes covering a very populated NJ county I'm lucky to actually plow 2 out of 5-6-7 we take on an average 3-6 inch storm. We run about 60 pieces each event from plows to salters and shovel vehicles, backhoes,loaders and skid steers. also about a dozen subs, I spend 80-90% of my time putting out fire, fixing this or that, etc etc.....I should drive a friggin fire engine!!!!! Or a service truck, that'd be sweet.....

I'm not complaining here, not much at least. As twisted as this business is I like being under the gun, having to think on my feet and as my grandfather the USMC Drill Sargeant was fond of saying "you will have to adapt and overcome".......truer words were never spoken.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  9. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I think I have seen a few people on here post about keeping their chains loose on their boxes. I have always seen them tight and have been told to keep them taught, but your reasoning makes sense.

Sounds like the Hyundai has definitely proved itself!

10. forestfireguy

It's an animal. no doubt. I didn't appreciate the real power of this machine until I ran it, now I have second thoughts about who we allow to run it, I don't mean for snow, our snow operator is aces. But the other guys who load trucks for landscape projects, the machine could have 3-5 different operators on a given day and I'm thinking hard about changing that......

11. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Looks good!... I might have to do the lettering of the arms also... i like that alot!...glad to see the pusher working out so well for you