1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our Fleet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RedMack83, Nov 22, 2011.

1. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

Here's more pics of some of our stuff... new&old, before&after.
    (I'm EXCAVATE49's son)
    Thanks for all the compliments, they never get old!

This is our 1987 Steel Nose RD, 237 w/Allison Auto. We bought it from a DPW in Rhode Island in 05, re-furbished it and still run her today for snow only.
    c8b4b.jpg

c8b4c.jpg

c8b4a.jpg

c8b4d.jpg

c8b4e.jpg

c8b4b.jpg

c8b4c.jpg

c8b4a.jpg

c8b4d.jpg

c8b4e.jpg

2. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

87RD after

c8a.jpg

c8b.jpg

c8c.jpg

c8d.jpg

c8a.jpg

c8b.jpg

c8c.jpg

c8d.jpg

3. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Looks Great! :drinkup:

4. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

89rd

Here are some before pics of our 1989 RD, 300 w/10sp Road Ranger. 20k front, 50k rears.

t5b4a.jpg

t5b4b.jpg

t5b4c.jpg

t5b4a.jpg

t5b4b.jpg

t5b4c.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  5. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

89RD after

T5-1.jpg

T5-2.jpg

T5-3.jpg

t5a.jpg

t5e.jpg

T5-1.jpg

T5-2.jpg

T5-3.jpg

t5a.jpg

t5e.jpg

6. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

79rd

Here is our 1979 RD 237 w/5sp direct. My father bought this when it was a log truck, converted it to a dump truck and in 2006 we converted her into a sander. She was sold in 2009 (much to my dissapointment, this was the first truck I ever drove)
    c9a.jpg

c9b.jpg

c9a.jpg

c9b.jpg

7. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

Winter shots

Heres a few of our trucks ready for snow...
    congo1.jpg

fleet1.jpg

C7.jpg

936.jpg

Winter05 1.jpg

congo1.jpg

fleet1.jpg

C7.jpg

936.jpg

Winter05 1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  8. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Good looking & impressive fleet! Have you had to retire any trucks due to chassis corrosion? Anything as old as some of those Macks around here would have died of cancer unless you really keep up with them or didn't use them in the winter.

9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Mackman will love this thread Thumbs Up :drinkup:

10. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

Every year we say "we'll get one more year out of her".
    Our sanders are only used during the winter. Everything we own gets washed thoroughly throughout the year, especially after storms during the winter months. Everything we retire usually gets sold to someone else, then they run it for years to follow. But we've never sent anyhting to the junk yard.

11. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Those are some awesome Macks. I love to see when guys refurbish stuff.

12. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Great photos and equipmen, thanks for sharing! You should check out the DOT thread, lots of stuff in there you might like!

13. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Nice job, Keeping the trucks nice and pretty tends to keep DMV off your Arse!

14. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Very impressive fleet! I love the 89 tandem. Thats exactly the kind of truck im looking for now. Any idea what it cost you to refurbish that truck? I know you propbably spent countless hours on it but just wondering.

15. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

All we did with that truck is sandblast and paint...and some chrome. She was good to go other than that!

16. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Nice trucks and equipment. You need to get some nice license plates for those.

17. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice fleet of macks i like that steel nose RD did that town truck require alot of work? just hard to find those exact truck anymore you have a nice set up there to do the restorations on them.

18. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! I died and went to heaven. :nod:Thumbs Up

That 89 is badass and clean. Its nice to see people that take care of older trucks. There are alot of older trucks around me but they just run them into thre ground. Im shocked that it has a 10spd road ranger in it. Did that truck come from mack with that tranny??

I would have never guess the other one was a 79. I think that 79 is cleaner then my 2006 lol

19. RedMack83

RedMack83 Junior Member

Thanks Mackman, I figured you'd like them!
    Its actually an 8sp, hi/lo. Alot of people get confused when I say its an 8, so I got used to calling it a 10...As far as I know, we're the 3rd owners of that 89, and she's a real sweetheart. My father always says...A clean truck is a happy truck!

20. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice fleet. The only thing that can stop a Mack is rust. My friend just got rid of some B models this year that he plowed with forever, salt got the best of them