1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Our First Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ComSweep, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

This is a picture of our first plow. Next year it goes on something smaller and the Dodge gets a V-Plow. Lots of fun in 6 in. Wish I knew more about it. But, I'm learning fast.

Photo_122008_001.jpg

Photo_122008_002.jpg

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

this last snow fall we recieved in detroit, mi i noticed a few more of those snowbears around ... infact i just used mine last night to clear a automotive upholstry shop around the corner from my house and a hardware store parking lot .... stacked pile 6 feet in height ... 3 times the height of the plow ...

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Wait wait wait, you're plowing commercially with a snowbear?

:dizzy::rolleyes:

5. TLB

TLB Senior Member

do you have to lift that by hand?

6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I think it's electric on that plow.

7. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Hard to tell by the pic, you would need some big arms to lift that:dizzy:

8. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Hahaha lift it by handwesport might as well get out and push the truck too....;)

9. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i use mine on a few small commercials .... need some pics of proof ??

10. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

You're asking for trouble!

11. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

Sorry it took so long to respond. Been a little busy. YES, I am plowing commercial with it. Sorry it's not something fancy and expensive. We just started with the snow plowing. Normally we just run sweeper trucks. I'll post a few pics of it working soon.

12. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

wow i would love to destroy that plow in a nice lake effect storm herer. were not busting you becasuse its not fancy and expensive, its because that plow is NOT made to withstand commercial plowing its a home owner plow. it might be cheap but just think of the money youll lose on accounts when that plow is busted and someone else steals your work. it takes a long time to build up a good name but it can become a bad name in one storm :salute:

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Easy guys, looks like its making money in the pictures to me. If they usually can use sweepers, I dont think he needs to worry too much about a massive lake effect snow. If it makes him money, its not bad is it?

14. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

relax
    hell be upgraded soon im sure
    and if it breaks, one of you shmoes will make money off his accounts or maybe help him out and sub with you man plows
    if it works it works
    advice is woven with critical here we mean well

15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Dang guys.....ouch

I think this will be the last time comsweep posts here...

lol

16. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

If the plow breaks and puts you in a bind, you can just drop the head of the sweeper down and plow with it or fire it up and suck the snow off of the lot. :D j/k

What brand of sweepers do you run?

17. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

Like I said. It's our first plow so I'm learning. Works great so far. I'm still learning though. Here we're normally lucky to ever get 3 inches of snow. But, this year we've set records for almost 19 inches in 2 storms. The snowbear is still working. I only meant to use it for 1 season though. Thanks to the last 2 storms, I can now afford a V-Plow or something else. Any advice? I'm thinking V. Let me know. I posted pics of Our Snowbear working earlier.

18. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Comsweep,
    I am with ya man! I started 5 years ago with one on a 2wd f150 doing commercial lots. That is now history, and now I own 3 commercial plows and 4x4 trucks to do my lots and more as a sub. I understand you got to start somewhere, that is how I did it also. My snowbear is still being used by my brother in law in Michigan on his drive and some others also. They are great light duty plows. Happy Plowing!