1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

our drivers are idiots who wants to hear a story?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by coolcatman1, Mar 10, 2013.

1. coolcatman1

coolcatman1 Junior Member

ok so we had a storm this weekend and we run 6 trucks all of which are duramax diesels we where fueling everything up i was inside taking care of the bill and my one guy fills one of my trucks with regular unleaded it ran for a while and quit long story short watch your guys that are filling your trucks if you have any doubt about their competentcy i just got it running again after pumping the tanks out changing fuel filters what a day

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

Funny you say that....one day I was getting fuel (diesel) for my truck and a UPS truck pulls up behind me and sits there.....I assume he is waiting for me to move since its the only diesel pump at the station......so I get done and move and as Im pulling out I see that he only moved up a little to the pump that was behind me .......There is not a diesel pump there and he is filling it up with gas.......I was tempted to pull back in and tell the guy to have fun on his last day working for UPS. :laughing:

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Give the guy a break,I'm sure he was just trying to save you money being that regular gas is cheaper than diesel.:laughing:

Make up 4'' letters by the fuel cap--"DIESEL FUEL ONLY''---one of the many reasons I'm the sole employee of my company!!!!

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I once filled up my tractor at a local station, it ran $%*tty that day coughing and sputtering. I shut down and brought it inot the shop to service it and figure it out. The gas station calls and says..."Our delivery filled our diesel with regular, if you're having problems they'll pay for the service and downtime." and they did. I love small towns, but think how many other people didn't get that call, they just know me there.

5. Really? At most UPS facilities they have equal numbers of diesel and regular gasoline pumps, seems them 5.3L, 6.0L and 8.1Ls run best on gasoline. The latest thing they are using is CNG, dirt cheap and clean tailpipes, and engine oil stays clean. They even pull triple trailers with CNG powered tractors.